Best Hawkeye Movie

Hawkeye from M*A*S*H?.......wasn't a big M*A*S*H guy so I don't know if there was a connection or not. I realize people under 30 don't know what i am talking about, but oh well.

Pretty sure the character "Radar" was from Cedar Rapids in that show...

Edit: oops - just referenced Wikipedia, it was Ottumwa, not Cedar Rapids.

Pretty sure the character "Radar" was from Cedar Rapids in that show...

Edit: oops - just referenced Wikipedia, it was Ottumwa, not Cedar Rapids.

wasn't a big fan of the show, but i knew there was Iowa connection somewhere. i thought there was a character named "Hawkeye" on the show.....I guess i was wrong, my bad.

wasn't a big fan of the show, but i knew there was Iowa connection somewhere. i thought there was a character named "Hawkeye" on the show.....I guess i was wrong, my bad.

You are right. Captain Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce, played by Alan Alda. Not sure if there is any background in the show that gives a reason behind the nick name.

wasn't a big fan of the show, but i knew ther
e was Iowa connection somewhere. i thought there was a character named "Hawkeye" on the show.....I guess i was wrong, my bad.
2 points. 1) guy named Radar was from Ottumwa as just corrected.

2) main character's name was Hawkeye...given from "last of the Mohicans".

I believe Iowa is mentioned (losing) on Biff's car radio in "Back to the Future 2" ... if that counts.

my brother and i were watching that yesterday haha and he mentioned that all the scores they said on biff's radio were the real scores from that day. oklahoma 52, isu 0. sweet!!!

In the movie "Fright Night" (1980's version), the main character, Charlie, has a Hawkeyes cup in his bedroom that holds his pens and pencils.
In one of the Saved By the Bell episodes, Dan Gable recruits Slater to wrestle at Iowa.
The main character from "Joe's Apartment" moved to New York City after graduating from Iowa and is carrying a Hawkeyes duffle bag off of the bus at the beginning of the movie.
The movie "Butter" takes place in Iowa City (pretty damn funny).

images

And let's not forget about this classic, where parts of the movie were shot in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and a couple of other small Iowa eastern towns. [video=youtube;pOVPcS2ZKHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVPcS2ZKHE[/video]

And let's not forget about this classic, where parts of the movie were shot in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids and a couple of other small Iowa eastern towns. [video=youtube;pOVPcS2ZKHE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVPcS2ZKHE[/video]

'Scuse me, while I go puke.

On "happy days" Al's place had an Iona pennent. Sorta cool cause it looks like it says IOWA if you squint your eyes just right.

Miss that show. Loved richie and potsy.

On "happy days" Al's place had an Iona pennent. Sorta cool cause it looks like it says IOWA if you squint your eyes just right.

Miss that show. Loved richie and potsy.

So, that's IONA over Chachi's head? I see IOWA over Ralph Malph's ginger head! :)

als_drivein.jpeg