Best Game who attended?

2002 Iowa VS Mich 34-9 win.

Nothing like seeing the big house empty with 12:00 min left in the 4th quarter. Also was cool to hear the fight song sang by 75 hawkeye football players that just kicked Mich ARRRSSS.

That was the greatest Iowa game I attended also.

There have been plenty but the few that stick out for me are:

PSU 08
Wisc 04 (the best crowd I have ever heard at Kinnick and yes that includes the night games)
tOSU 04 (the beat down)

Away games- Minny in 02 was something special.

UNI@Iowa

I have not been to alot of games at Kinnick but did see the 2 blocked fgs that was just a crazy experience

Currently I would say this:
1. @ Mich St. 2009
2. Penn St. 2008
3. Orange Bowl 2010
4. Wisconsin 2004

If you ask me this question again next year I will say:
1. National Championship Game 2011
2. Ohio St. 2010
3. @ Mich St. 2009
4. Penn St. 2008
5. Orange Bowl 2010
6. Wisconsin 2004

2010 Orange Bowl
2004 Wisconsin
2008 Minnesota-although, I don't remember much of it. I was in the bathroom for quite awhile ;)

There have been plenty but the few that stick out for me are:

PSU 08
Wisc 04 (the best crowd I have ever heard at Kinnick and yes that includes the night games)
tOSU 04 (the beat down)

Away games- Minny in 02 was something special.

I agree about the 2004 Wisconsin game. That was the first Iowa game that my wife attended (girlfriend at the time), and what better way to convert a Kansas Jayhawk over to a Hawkeye (well, in football anyways). Besides the unbelievable atmosphere inside the stadium that night, it was also awesome walking to Kinnick and seeing all the tailgaters watching the 6-4 Buckeyes taking down heavily favored 9-1 Michigan. The team and fans knew an Iowa win meant a share of the Big Ten title.

I was at this game, as it was my freshman year at Iowa. I got to see Tork play against my high school a couple of times. Man, he could fly.

Definitely. Easily the best athlete to ever come through Wayne Community HS, it's not even close.

#1 Iowa vs. #2 Michigan . . . . . . Rob Houghtlin FG

I was a Junior in HS. I can't imagine anything replacing this as the "Best Game" attended in my lifetime. Only thing that would be more dramatic is if it were for the conference/national title at the end of the season.

Best part of this discussion is that the Hawkeyes keep giving us games that become contenders for this prize! IT'S GREAT TO BE A HAWKEYE!!

#1 Iowa vs. #2 Michigan . . . . . . Rob Houghtlin FG

I was a Junior in HS. I can't imagine anything replacing this as the "Best Game" attended in my lifetime. Only thing that would be more dramatic is if it were for the conference/national title at the end of the season.

Best part of this discussion is that the Hawkeyes keep giving us games that become contenders for this prize! IT'S GREAT TO BE A HAWKEYE!!

I can only dream of catching a game like this...maybe 11/20/2010??

Latest posts