Best Game who attended?

I have two that spring to mind for me. The first is the 85 win over MSU when Long bootlegged into the endzone. What a finish. The second game is the 02 win over Purdue. That game was just fantastic start to finish.

Of course the Orange Bowl this year was pretty damn good too.

Timmy D's last game at Kinnick against Minnesota. He returned a punt for a touchdown into the south endzone where I was sitting 3 rows up from the field. Awesome.

I'd have to chose Penn State '08. Seeing all of the green in the stands, going onto the field, the weather, etc. was pretty euphoric.

If we could have managed to beat OSU last year in OT that would probably have been a tie but we lost and it wouldn't seem right to have my favorite game outside of Kinnick.

1985 Mich @ Iowa-# 1 Iowa wins on last play.

Orange bowl when Miami beat Nebreska in 1983 to win the nc. I was in Jacksonville watched Iowa lose to Florida in one of the worst games weather wise that I ever sat through. Jumped on a plane andflew to Miami to watch the NC game.

purdue '02!

it is the best game I ever saw, in person or not, and I was there!

better than the Greene-out vs PSU '08

Last edited:
1997 at ISU, 63-20, it was like they could score at will.

2004 OSU, total annihalation, start of the Troy Smith era for OSU. (and Drew Tate playing airplane running down the field.)

I've never had season tickets so my games have come sparingly unfortunately. Thank god the hawks are on TV every week.

Game 5 of the 2006 World Series, it was awesome.

061028_inge_hlg_3p.hlarge.jpg

2006-1027-sp-tigers013.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

2002 Iowa VS Mich 34-9 win.

Nothing like seeing the big house empty with 12:00 min left in the 4th quarter. Also was cool to hear the fight song sang by 75 hawkeye football players that just kicked Mich ARRRSSS.

Definitely Penn State in in '08. I also was at the Northwestern game in 2000, but I was only 10 years old, so I didn't really grasp just how big of an upset that that was at the time. If I had been older, that game may be closer to PSU on my list of greatest games.

I also will NEVER forget how loud Kinnick got when McNutt broke free for his 92-yard TD against Indiana. I swear it was louder than when Sash made the interception of Darryl Clark (which was louder than when Murray made the kick).

Purdue 2002
Michigan 2003
Arizona State 2003
Iowa State 2003
Purdue 2004 - great game!
Wisconsin 2004

A game that I wish I had been at was the '88 Iowa State game. We have it on tape at home. Tork Hook (who graduated from my high school, is a good family friend, and who I'm named for) snags an interception late in the game to preserve the Hawks' win.

The Capital One Bowl 2004 - Wow, will never forget that. It was great seeing the eruption of Iowa fans and the disbelief of LSU fans.

1) 2008 vs Penn State - Kinnick was an Awesome atmosphere that night!
2) 2002 @ Minnesota - cliched share of Big Ten Championship and stormed the field with every other Hawkeye fan!!
3) 1997 @ ISU - Tim Dwight, Tavian Banks and Co., crushed the Clones in Ames in every way imagineable, 63-20.

#1 1987 - at the Horseshoe......Marv Cook TD

Some of the best ones I"ve attended have been on the road including 2 wins over OSU at the Shoe, a couple W's at PSU, and a couple in Ann Arbor. Something about beating some of the elite programs in their house.

Can't count out the one at Hawkeye North when we clinched the title and took their goalposts out the stadium doors.....or tried to anyway.

Best games I've been to:
Michigan 1985 (I remember that one like it was 25 years ago)
Penn State 2008 (I finally don't tear up at the end... Took lots of rerun therapy to accomplish)
Michigan 2009 (great atmosphere)
Outback bowl 2009 (first bowl game)
Orange bowl game 2010 (will that trip ever get paid off?)
Western Michigan 2007 ( that other team played so much better than us!:rolleyes:)

A game that I wish I had been at was the '88 Iowa State game. We have it on tape at home. Tork Hook (who graduated from my high school, is a good family friend, and who I'm named for) snags an interception late in the game to preserve the Hawks' win.

I was at this game, as it was my freshman year at Iowa. I got to see Tork play against my high school a couple of times. Man, he could fly.

Too hard to rank them but here are some of mine:

2008 Minnesota
2005 Cap One Bowl
2010 Orange Bowl
2004 Outback
1996 Sun Bowl vs Wash
2006 Ohio St
1985 Michigan
1992 Miami Fl
2002 Orange Bowl
2008 Penn State
2011 Rose Bowl ???

Penn State '09. Despite the rain ALL Day & Night, it was euphoric silencing 103,000 WHITE OUT Fans. Hearing the "Let's Go Hawks" throughout the stadium was awesome. My PSU fan friends not talking at ALL during the drive back to Buffalo, NY that night, just PRICELESS!

Latest posts