Best Game who attended?

atj4bpnhawks

I would have to say 08 penn state. Man that was great! Michigan was a blast this past season too. This season is going to be a blast!!

I've been to a ton of great games at Kinnick in last 10 years. I assume you are speaking of games at Kinnick?
Penn St in 08 and Mich in 09 were pretty awesome. Purdue in 02 was one of the best, Wisconsin in 03 was great. Mich St. in 06 I think (double OT) was great. There have been a lot of them. Tough to say which one was best. There was also the Mich OT game the Hawks lost on Avant's reverse, that was a heck of a game too.

Me and my cousin went to the Iowa/Indiana game back when Iowa was a top 25 team and Bobby Diaco (the best defensive player everrrr in Iowa history IMHO) played. I think we were like 22 and Indiana was Indiana.

I remember it was a close game and we scored a TD. We go for the extra point to go up by 8 points, and classic Hayden, fakes it and we get 2, so we are up by 9, which salts away the game.

If I recall correctly, Diaco has 26 or 29 tackles, which ties for 2nd best in Iowa history.

Another small tidbit, it was Tom Knight's senior year when he ended up going #9 in the draft to Arizona, which Mel Kyper hated right away.

What a great year to be a Hawkeye!!!

Penn State 08. Got to rush the field and got pushed right to Daniel Murray after he squibbed the kick. Was awesome being on the field to celebrate, but that crowd is damn dagerous! Been to alot of great games but that game was amazing, the hawks were re-made as a complete team that night.

Game 5 of the 2006 World Series, it was awesome.

061028_inge_hlg_3p.hlarge.jpg

2006-1027-sp-tigers013.jpg

Wisonsin @ Iowa '04 was the loudest I've ever heard Kinnick, but I wasn't there when Ohio State came to town in '06 or Penn State '08.

It's a toss between PSU '08 and Michigan '09. The outcome of the PSU game was unreal. But the buildup going into that game was a little subdued. We were 5-4 and just looking for a bowl bid. The game itself was three quarters of wanting to tear your face off and then the 4th quarter comeback. The ending was awesome though. Running down onto the field after the game was awesome. It's an awesome experience to stand on the grass when the stands are full and you can just look up at everybody.

The '09 Michigan game was the complete package. The only thing that could have made it better was having early October weather like it should have been instead of the freak one weekend of November weather. Tailgating was nothing short of spectacular that day. And the atmosphere in the stands was off the charts. I have a video saved on my iPhone which I took when the Back in Black/Enter Sandman montage was going on (unfortunately it was kind of ruined by the chick that sits behind us who was screaming at the top of her lungs the whole video). The gold pompoms pumping to the beat of Back In Black against the blackout was the coolest thing I had ever seen in the stadium. And to think, there were a lot of people out there that said a blackout at night wouldn't work...

I would say Iowa @ Wisconsin - 2003 which was a 27 - 21 victory for the Hawks. Wisky drove it down late and had it on about the Iowa 5 yd line with a few seconds left. Tried to pass it into the endzone but I believe Greenway knocked it away.

Some other ones were 2004 Iowa @ Minny, 2006 Mich St. double overtime game, and 2009 Indiana was a fun game.

PSU 08. However, I am not old enough to have been at Iowa Mich '85. If your team is #1 and you play #2, I would have picked that game. Prediction: Iowa vs. OSU this year will be THE GAME!!

My top three that I have attended regardless of location.

1. Capital One Bowl
2. PSU 08
3. @Wisconsin 2003

you know i had a heck of a time this past season against Indiana too. I really thought about leaving (even though I have never left early) then boom.

Iowa vs. Michigan '85 was the best game that I attended and their was the Penn State game two year ago that was a great game. The Purdue game in '02 was a very good game to watch as well.

November 7th, 1981 - Iowa 33, Purdue 7.

My first Hawkeye football game and a surprise birthday present from my Dad. I can still remember how pumped I was when he told me we were going. Pretty exciting stuff for a 5th-grader.

For me every game is great, but these are some of my absolute favorites of the Ferentz era. 02 vs Purdue 03 vs Michigan 04 vs Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin 07 vs Michigan St, Illinois 08 vs Penn State, ISU 09 vs Everybody LOL

Oh and I cant forget the abosolute best one of them all 2005 Capital One bowl, and I dont need to explain that one.

Latest posts