Best early guess...Iowa FB 2011 Two deeps!

Mesaclone

Banned
FIRST TEAM

RT Markus Zusevics 6'5 295 Sr.
RG Adam Gettis 6'4 280 Sr.
C James Ferentz 6'2 275 Jr.
LG Nolan Macmillan 6'6 288 So.
LT Reilly Reif 6'6 300 Jr.
TE Brad Herman 6'5 247 Sr.
WR Marvin Mcnutt 6'4 215 Sr.
WR Keenan Davis 6'3 215 Jr.
RB Marcus Coker 6'0 230 So.
FB Brad Rogers 5'10 220 So.
QB James Vandenberg 6'3 212 Jr.

Have to be a bit concerned with the receiving corps...Mcnutt is exceptional and Davis has shown flashes of solidity..but depth is very much something to worry about. On the other hand, the OL looks pretty solid and Coker, in my book, is one heckuva good running back. Depth behind him may be an issue, but its reasonable to expect one or two young guys to step up their game and be ready. At TE...not sure if Herman can hold off Fiedorwicz for long but my guess is the Senior will begin the year as the number one.

DT Steve Bigach 6'3 272 Jr.
DT Mike Daniels 6'1 275 Sr.
SDE Broderick Binns 6'2 261 Sr.
WDE Lebron Daniels 6'2 250 Sr.
MLB James Morris 6'2 220 So.
LB Tyler Nielson 6'4 235 Sr.
LB Christian Kirksey 6'2 210 So.
CB Shaun Prater 5'11 185 Sr.
CB Micah Hyde 6'1 185 Jr.
FS Tanner Miller 6'2 195 So.
SS Tyler Sash 6'1 210 Sr.

First impressions...the defense might be a lot saltier than many would think. That front four is still very good and if Nielson returns to health at LB...that becomes a very solid position. Finally, if Sash stays in college for another year, the secondary looks to be even better than last years VERY solid corps. There's reason for much optimism defensively...and we all know Norm loves these kind of underrated and gritty groups of guys.

SECOND TEAM

RT Andrew Donnal 6'7 285 Fr. RG Brandon Scherf 6'5 310 Fr. C Connor Boffeli 6'3 280 So. LG Dan Heiar 6'5 280 Jr. LT Brett Van Sloten 6'7 290 So. TE CJ Fiedorwicz 6'7 255 So. WR Jordan Cotton 6'1 185 Fr. WR Kevonte Martin-Manley 6'0 190 Fr. RB De'Andre Johnson 5'8 215 Fr. OR Adam Robinson 5'9 205 FB Jacob Reisen 6'2 231 So. QB John Weinke 6'5 220 Jr.

DT Thomas Nardo 6'3 277 Sr. DT Dominic Alvis 6'4 260 Fr. SDE Joe Gaglione 6'4 245 Jr. WDE Louis Trinca-Passat 6'3 250 Fr. MLB Bruce Davis 6'0 232 Sr. LB Shane Dibona 6'2 230 So. LB Jim Poggi 6'2 215 Fr. CB Greg Castillo 5'11 180 Jr. CB BJ Lowery 5'11 180 So. FS Jordan Bernstine 5'11 205 Sr. SS Tom Donatell 6'2 205 Jr.

Last edited:
give the above 9 months of prep work (and no off field bs) I am going out and predicting 9-3 with a trip back to Florida for either the Outback Or Champs Bowl.

FIRST TEAM

RT Markus Zusevics 6'5 295 Sr.
RG Adam Gettis 6'4 280 Sr.
C James Ferentz 6'2 275 Jr.
LG Nolan Macmillan 6'6 288 So.
LT Reilly Reif 6'6 300 Jr.
TE Brad Herman 6'5 247 Sr.
WR Marvin Mcnutt 6'4 215 Sr.
WR Keenan Davis 6'3 215 Jr.
RB Marcus Coker 6'0 230 So.
FB Brad Rogers 5'10 220 So.
QB James Vandenberg 6'3 212 Jr.

Have to be a bit concerned with the receiving corps...Mcnutt is exceptional and Davis has shown flashes of solidity..but depth is very much something to worry about. On the other hand, the OL looks pretty solid and Coker, in my book, is one heckuva good running back. Depth behind him may be an issue, but its reasonable to expect one or two young guys to step up their game and be ready. At TE...not sure if Herman can hold off Fiedorwicz for long but my guess is the Senior will begin the year as the number one.

DT Steve Bigach 6'3 272 Jr.
DT Mike Daniels 6'1 275 Sr.
SDE Broderick Binns 6'2 261 Sr.
WDE Lebron Daniels 6'2 250 Sr.
MLB James Morris 6'2 220 So.
LB Tyler Nielson 6'4 235 Sr.
LB Christian Kirksey 6'2 210 So.
CB Shaun Prater 5'11 185 Sr.
CB Micah Hyde 6'1 185 Jr.
FS Tanner Miller 6'2 195 So.
SS Tyler Sash 6'1 210 Sr.

First impressions...the defense might be a lot saltier than many would think. That front four is still very good and if Nielson returns to health at LB...that becomes a very solid position. Finally, if Sash stays in college for another year, the secondary looks to be even better than last years VERY solid corps. There's reason for much optimism defensively...and we all know Norm loves these kind of underrated and gritty groups of guys.

SECOND TEAM

RT Andrew Donnal 6'7 285 Fr. RG Brandon Scherf 6'5 310 Fr. C Connor Boffeli 6'3 280 So. LG Dan Heiar 6'5 280 Jr. LT Brett Van Sloten 6'7 290 So. TE CJ Fiedorwicz 6'7 255 So. WR Jordan Cotton 6'1 185 Fr. WR Kevonte Martin-Manley 6'0 190 Fr. RB De'Andre Johnson 5'8 215 Fr. FB Jacob Reisen 6'2 231 So. QB John Weinke 6'5 220 Jr.

DT Thomas Nardo 6'3 277 Sr. DT Dominic Alvis 6'4 260 Fr. SDE Joe Gaglione 6'4 245 Jr. WDE Louis Trinca-Passat 6'3 250 Fr. MLB Bruce Davis 6'0 232 Sr. LB Shane Dibona 6'2 230 So. LB Jim Poggi 6'2 215 Fr. CB Greg Castillo 5'11 180 Jr. CB BJ Lowery 5'11 180 So. FS Rod Bernstine 5'11 205 Sr. SS Tom Donatell 6'2 205 Jr.

Lemme understand this...you are a HN Legend are you are calling Jordan Bernstine Rod Bernstine!!!!!???? I suspect your 2 deep list is as suspect as your memory of who these guys are. Rod Bernstine is his uncle genius.

give the above 9 months of prep work (and no off field bs) I am going out and predicting 9-3 with a trip back to Florida for either the Outback Or Champs Bowl.
Wow. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but don't set yourself up again. You lost a lot last year and still had NC hopes this season. You're losing the foundation of the that "NC" team (Stanzi, DJK, Reisner, Clayborn, Klug, Greenwood... not sure who else). Just enjoy the season.

DL will be interesting. I think we will see a lot more rotating of players. There is depth there.
I like the LBs and DBs.
WR could be an issue.
RB will be an issue with the injuries we are cursed to have.

I hope you are right but I am guessing Sash is headed to the draft.

Would love to see him come back but I am not sure another year moves him up much in position for the draft. Sash is a good one but you rarely see safeties go high any way. It takes an elite safety to get drafted higher than mid second round. I would guess right now Tyler would end up somewhere in the mid 3rd to early 4th round.

Wow. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but don't set yourself up again. You lost a lot last year and still had NC hopes this season. You're losing the foundation of the that "NC" team (Stanzi, DJK, Reisner, Clayborn, Klug, Greenwood... not sure who else). Just enjoy the season.

Hey at least he's not pulling the 12-0 prediction.

Are you implying here that you don't think Adam Robinson will be in our two-deep? I definitely think he will be. He will have all of second semester to get everything straight and think he will learn and grow as a person and be back as and 1A and 1B with Coker next year.

I think Bernstine will start at FS at the start of the season. I think someone else will be #2 and Miller #3.

LeBron's last name is Daniel.

I think Cyrus Kouandjiao will be in our two deep at the start of the year and will find a starting role if anyone goes down.

Last edited:
I hope you are right but I am guessing Sash is headed to the draft.

Would love to see him come back but I am not sure another year moves him up much in position for the draft. Sash is a good one but you rarely see safeties go high any way. It takes an elite safety to get drafted higher than mid second round. I would guess right now Tyler would end up somewhere in the mid 3rd to early 4th round.

Kind of rebutted your own opinion. If he's not projected as an elite safety for this draft he comes back. If he's projected 2nd round he's gone. I don't think being projected 3rd or 4th round he goes unless he has a hardship or hates school. He better get some sound Draft guru advice from many sources.

Knowing Sash's family a little bit, I doubt there is any hardship or hatred of school. I think he'll be back. Real solid family. I'd be surprised if he did leave before graduating. Which brings up an interesting question - will he be done with school this spring? He did redshirt one year, didn't he?

Knowing Sash's family a little bit, I doubt there is any hardship or hatred of school. I think he'll be back. Real solid family. I'd be surprised if he did leave before graduating. Which brings up an interesting question - will he be done with school this spring? He did redshirt one year, didn't he?

Unless he's graduated already, he wouldn't be able to finish school and go pro this year. There's a lot of very time-consuming stuff that goes into it. Most guys are just gone when they declare early, because they simply don't have time to fit in school at that point. So if getting a degree is really that important to him, and he doesn't already have it, then I'd expect to see him in the black and gold next fall.

Brain-farted on Bernstine's first name...no excuse.

I added ARob on the second team as an OR...but I'm less than confident, though hopeful, that he will play a prominent role next year. I've always been a huge advocate of his play but I know the KF's doghouse can be deep and steep to climb out of...let's hope he does so.

Nice work Mesa. May not agree on all of it but it took some time. Being that I am inherently lazy I appreciate the effort and, frankly, it was my first read for 2011.

Nice work Mesa. May not agree on all of it but it took some time. Being that I am inherently lazy I appreciate the effort and, frankly, it was my first read for 2011.

Thanks oldalum. I'd post the ISU depth chart for you guys interested in some "opposition research"...but I'm afraid that would bring out the "quit posting ISU crap" gang and the whole thread would devolve.

Anyway. Merry Christmas!

Look for RS FR Carl Davis to be on the 2 deeps at DT. Would love for him to win the other DT battle. Having a big 300 pounder with Daniels would be nice.

You don't have to try, Clown.

I think Dibona is gonna get the nod with TN and JM. I also really like the look of the OL for next year. That is the fun thing about college football, something that was unknown and inexperienced this year becomes a "veteran group" next year.

Latest posts