Best "atmosphere" games at Kinnick

nickhawk

I think that this year’s Iowa vs. Nebraska matchup in Kinnick will be the best “atmosphereâ€￾ game of the season for the Hawks and by “atmosphereâ€￾ I mean best gameday experience taking in all factors such as game hype, crowd noise, level of opponent and importance of the game in the overall standings. If the Hawks somehow overachieve and manage to go 5-2 in the Big 10 before the season finale with Nebby, I think this game could determine the division championship. If that’s the case, I think this game would go into my top 5 atmosphere games that I have attended so far at Kinnick.

My top 5 atmosphere games to date at Kinnick:
1. Iowa beats Wisconsin in the Big 10 finale in 2004 to clinch co Big 10 title
2. Iowa beats PSU on last second Daniel Murray FG in 2008
3. Iowa comes back to beat Purdue in 2002
4. Iowa beats down Ohio State in 2004
5. Iowa beats Arizona State 21-2 in 2003

I dont see it unless its for the Division championship. Hard to beat a night game.

This and furthermore, if Iowa has another season like last year and are only sitting at 6-7 wins going into this game you have to wonder how many Iowa fans will fall to the allure of selling their tickets to make some money off of the Nebby fans. Everybody knows they will pay beyond premium price to invade opponents' stadiums. I have heard a couple of season ticket holders say that if Iowa was struggling they would contemplate selling their tickets if they could get back the cost of the whole season ticket package, which i'm sure is quite possible knowing bugeater fans.

I still think they need to make it a black out. Black out on Black Friday, in All Black Unis against the Blackshirts. it is the ultimate black out.

Husker fans will not travel in their usual numbers with that 11 oclock kickoff the day after Thanksgiving. Might be the only benefit of the early start time. Tickets will probably be plentiful outside of Kinnick.

I'm very worried that the Nebby game will have a poor atmosphere. I'm glad with the way they decided to sell the season tickets (with or without that game). Otherwise there would be a lot missing from that section. However, if the division title is on the line, I'm guessing Hawk fans will do us proud that day.

2006 ohio state in the loss was amazing until anthony gonzalez went banana sammich. My only complaint about the atmosphere was the old lady behind me who complained everytime my entire section stood up which was pretty much the entire game of course until the 4th quarter. She kept yelling at people to sit down. I got tired of it, turned to her, and encouraged her that I would not be sitting down and that what she was asking for is why God invented the television.

Iowa vs. Michigan 1985 greatest atmosphere ever

I'm very worried that the Nebby game will have a poor atmosphere. I'm glad with the way they decided to sell the season tickets (with or without that game). Otherwise there would be a lot missing from that section. However, if the division title is on the line, I'm guessing Hawk fans will do us proud that day.

I'd rather have empty seats than more red shirts.

I don't think the empty seats would have happened either way.

Concur that OSU 2006 was an incredible atmosphere. It was still a time when night games were very infrequent, college gameday was there, and we all thought we had a solid shot to beat the #1 team in the country.

2004 Wisky also awesome.

Thank gawd you did not put the 1985 Iowa vs Michigan game on the list. That was one of the most uneventful games I ever watched on TV so I know Kinnick must have been dead. #1 vs #2 matchups are over rated.

I'm dating myself...but you guys are all missing the best atmosphere of all time. (with due respect to the 85 #1 vs #2 Michigan game).

Iowa v Michigan St, 1981. The game that put Iowa in the Rose Bowl...and back on the map. Roses cascading out of the press box onto the crowd...people dancing everywhere...grown men in tears in the stands. Complete joy...unlike I've even seen at any sporting event.

That's one I'll never forget.

Your sarcasm creator may want to realize that the OP probably didn't attend that game.

aw come on...let me have some fun with the kid. :D

besides, is everyone who posted before me to young to remember that game? No way am I the oldest fart on this forum.

I remember that game but wasn't lucky enough to be there. Im sure it was incredible. And old timers have also told me that 81 MSU was truly unbelievable in every sense of the word.

Husker fans will not travel in their usual numbers with that 11 oclock kickoff the day after Thanksgiving. Might be the only benefit of the early start time. Tickets will probably be plentiful outside of Kinnick.[/QUOTE=]

I'm not buying what your selling, at all.

In fact I think your off your rocker..

Latest posts