BennettBall

thanks for sharing enjoyed the read can't wait for the game. I really hope Iowa can get over that last hump this year and win on the road!

Thanks, good read. However, I think he fails because there is no mention of Gesell being injured, Marble playing pg and no mention of Olesani coming on lately. Seems like he hasn't looked at Iowa for a month. He's going to be surprised at the difference of what he wrote and how some things will go based on who is playing what position.

I thought that was one of the most complimentary articles I have ever seen about the Hawks......

Despite not knowing about Mike G's injury and not realizing that Basabe can nail a mid-range jump shot on occasion. I also don't believe he knows how effective our D can be when we are on......

Low Turnovers and making the majority of free throws will win us the game.....

HAWKS WIN, HAWKS WIN.....

That's about as objective of a piece as you'll see from either side I'd imagine. Pretty good article. Virginia is fortunate to have this guy as a fan. I can't say I disagree with any of what he wrote. On Iowa's best day they should win yet them being at home and how Iowa's fared on the road seems to be where the betting money should lie. A toss up and hopefully should be a good game with the good guys coming out on top :)

Thanks, Gliding Hawk. That was fun to read.....

With you and your pals in the house, we shall prevail.....

:)

We did. It was exhilarating. Iowa played just about as good as I've seen them play this year. And I felt honored to be there to witness it, the first game I've seen them play in person since the days of Michael Payne and Greg Stokes.

Total team effort. Every player played well and/or contributed through some little things they did. Woodbury probably played his best game of the year. May was solid as a rock, and Marble looked as relaxed and comfortable as if he was taking a walk in the park.

The Virginia fans were class. They supported their team with fervor, didn't shout bad things when their team went through bad stretches. I think many were surprised by the talent they saw from the Hawkeyes. After the game, we were not harrassed, not taunted, not jeered, but instead congratulated by one UVA fan, and others saying "good game" when we said "good game." One said, "I hope you beat Maryland."

What a game!

We did. It was exhilarating. Iowa played just about as good as I've seen them play this year. And I felt honored to be there to witness it, the first game I've seen them play in person since the days of Michael Payne and Greg Stokes.

Total team effort. Every player played well and/or contributed through some little things they did. Woodbury probably played his best game of the year. May was solid as a rock, and Marble looked as relaxed and comfortable as if he was taking a walk in the park.

The Virginia fans were class. They supported their team with fervor, didn't shout bad things when their team went through bad stretches. I think many were surprised by the talent they saw from the Hawkeyes. After the game, we were not harrassed, not taunted, not jeered, but instead congratulated by one UVA fan, and others saying "good game" when we said "good game." One said, "I hope you beat Maryland."

What a game!

After living in VA for a time and taking in several UVA football games this doesn't surprise me in the least. I met terrific people and had a great time at every game I attended. A credit to the school and as welcoming a fanbase as I've ever experienced in person.

What a game!

I was impressed with their fans. Didn't seem like very man left, even after the game was decided, and they weren't shy about showing pride right at the end. I wish we'd see a little more of that at Carver, where fans tend to leave early regardless of the score.

I was impressed with their fans. Didn't seem like very man left, even after the game was decided, and they weren't shy about showing pride right at the end. I wish we'd see a little more of that at Carver, where fans tend to leave early regardless of the score.

Don't get me started about our "fans" leaving early again. One of the neat things about the NIT crowds in Carver is that hardly anybody left until the game was over.

I thought that was one of the most complimentary articles I have ever seen about the Hawks......

Despite not knowing about Mike G's injury and not realizing that Basabe can nail a mid-range jump shot on occasion. I also don't believe he knows how effective our D can be when we are on......

Low Turnovers and making the majority of free throws will win us the game.....

HAWKS WIN, HAWKS WIN....

You nailed that prediction, Jack!

Weren't the fans cheering "UVA UVA" in the closing seconds? Pretty cool to have that kind of support even in a losing effort.

Weren't the fans cheering "UVA UVA" in the closing seconds? Pretty cool to have that kind of support even in a losing effort.

If you go back and listen closely you can hear they were chanting that to drown out the "lets go Hawks" chants. It was really neat.

Hey Gliding, glad you saw a great game and represented us well. There were definitely more than a handful of Hawk s in the crowd.

Great post on the bennett blog; that is as good as any summary or guide for an upstart Hawk fan on this year's team. good read, thanx.

If you go back and listen closely you can hear they were chanting that to drown out the "lets go Hawks" chants. It was really neat.
I'll have to pull out the DVR and check that out.

I was at a game in Minnesota (many MANY years ago) and after the Goopher cheer, the Iowa fans chanted 'Let's Go Hawks'. I know it had an affect on the game.

GO HAWKS!!!

What a game!

I will second this - UVa fans were all class. Very complimentary of Iowa following the game, and remained supportive of their team even as things started turning the Hawkeyes way.

Also, even though the game wasn't close to a sellout, I was impressed with how loud it got as UVa made their run to start the 2nd half.

Definitely a fun game to attend - UVa is going to be very good next year, especially if Anderson continues to play like he did last night.

One thing that struck me was that at about the one minute mark, they showed a close up of a couple of Hawks on the court. I noticed in the back ground a stream of UVa fans heading for the exit. 30 game seconds later, I caught the 'UVa' chant and realized the true fans were still there.

GO HAWKS!!!

Couple things that struck me:
#1 When he said that Gesell was on their recruiting radar and if they'd have offered him might have gotten him. Made me lol.

#2 The only people to comment on his blog were Hawk fans.

Latest posts