BennettBall

Couple things that struck me:
#1 When he said that Gesell was on their recruiting radar and if they'd have offered him might have gotten him. Made me lol.

#2 The only people to comment on his blog were Hawk fans.

Saw that. Maybe not a bad marketing ploy/angle...cater to the opposition.

I will second this - UVa fans were all class. Very complimentary of Iowa following the game, and remained supportive of their team even as things started turning the Hawkeyes way.

Also, even though the game wasn't close to a sellout, I was impressed with how loud it got as UVa made their run to start the 2nd half.

Definitely a fun game to attend - UVa is going to be very good next year, especially if Anderson continues to play like he did last night.

UVA bball fans will join South Carolina football fans on my short list of favorite opposing fanbases.

One thing that struck me was that at about the one minute mark, they showed a close up of a couple of Hawks on the court. I noticed in the back ground a stream of UVa fans heading for the exit. 30 game seconds later, I caught the 'UVa' chant and realized the true fans were still there.

GO HAWKS!!!

I was at the game. At least 95 percent of the UVA fans were still there at the final horn and cheering on their team. The stream of fans at the 1 minute mark was not a big stream, and there were no multiple streams of early exiting fans.

Hats off to the UVA fans.

Latest posts