Beneventi high on Hawks. December decision.

I am very happy getting him. Interesting a life long Illini fan chooses Iowa even with the chance of playing sooner at Illinois

I am very happy getting him. Interesting a life long Illini fan chooses Iowa even with the chance of playing sooner at Illinois

Next year, he is in HS and Rudock a junior...Rudock a senior when he redshirts as a freshman...perhaps CJ is still around as a senior when Beneventi is a RS frosh...as a RS soph, same age as Rudock was this year, Beneventi will be in a position to battle for the starting job and possible three year career as a starter. That's not bad.

Obviously a big get for the Hawks, but as exciting is the start we are now off to in the 2015 class. If we could get a "twin" commitment soon I would think we could be on the road to one of our strongest classes in Kirk's tenure. It sounds like 2014 could be ending on a strong note as well. It's good to be a Hawkeye.

Next year, he is in HS and Rudock a junior...Rudock a senior when he redshirts as a freshman...perhaps CJ is still around as a senior when Beneventi is a RS frosh...as a RS soph, same age as Rudock was this year, Beneventi will be in a position to battle for the starting job and possible three year career as a starter. That's not bad.

This is true. I was also considering Shimonek and a very good possibility of Wiegers. I'm in my low 30's, and this is as deep as i can remember us being at QB. With B1G caliber talent at least. I know we take a QB every year, but some of the talent has been suspect over the years. I guess i also don't know Illinois' current depth chart either, but haven't heard of any other real stud QB there.

Latest posts