Ben Skowronek to Decide Today

Yep. I'm sure the kid would never even be able to land a job if he just had a degree from Iowa.

Of course he could... just not as good of one. :) Not saying I agree with his decision, but I can see how he might have made it. Some of these kids use school to play football and some use football to go to school. Maybe he's one of the latter.

It does leave you scratching your head when we lose out on a recruit to Northwestern. Oh how the times have changed.

Ferentz gave out 4 instate rides today. Best offer of any of the 4 was Western Michigan

To quote R Reagan, News, "there you go again!" He had them in town for a camp designed for invited in state players. They were the top recruits in the state. Lock down the best in state recruits first and foremost is a recruiting mantra everywhere. Rural kids are seldom recognized by recruiters and rating systems. 4 of 85 scholarships to hand out to keep in state kids in the mix is hardly a big risk. The site I look at that personally reviews these kids speaks pretty highly of them. And, KF has a pretty good track record for diamonds in the rough. But you are certainly entitled to take your usual negative shots.

To quote R Reagan, News, "there you go again!" He had them in town for a camp designed for invited in state players. They were the top recruits in the state. Lock down the best in state recruits first and foremost is a recruiting mantra everywhere. Rural kids are seldom recognized by recruiters and rating systems. 4 of 85 scholarships to hand out to keep in state kids in the mix is hardly a big risk. The site I look at that personally reviews these kids speaks pretty highly of them. And, KF has a pretty good track record for diamonds in the rough. But you are certainly entitled to take your usual negative shots.

Great. I love getting instate kids, just not the ones you steal from stephen f austin, UNI and Western Michigan in JUNE. I guess though with Ferentz wonderful track record the past 5 seasons there should be no concern. Who cares Iowa hasn't beat a ranked opponent since 2011.