Ben Rapistberger is the most overrated QB of the modern era

DuffMan

Seriously the guy is not good. He's definately got some elite physical skills and tools (his size and ability to extend plays) but he's a lousy QB. I can't believe some people put him in the top tier of QB's. Take him out of Pittsburg and hes a journeyman QB.

Seriously the guy is not good. He's definately got some elite physical skills and tools (his size and ability to extend plays) but he's a lousy QB. I can't believe some people put him in the top tier of QB's. Take him out of Pittsburg and hes a journeyman QB.

How is he overrated? He's never put into the Brady-Manning-Brees (and now Rodgers) group of truly elite QBs, but he's certainly among the best of the rest. He's won two super bowls, three AFC titles, he made one of the greatest throws in Super Bowl history. He threw for over 4300 yards last season, he threw for over 3200 with 17 TDs and 5 picks playing behind a patchwork offensive line all season.

To say he's not good is ridiculous. In a league where Derek Anderson and Alex Smith can get starting jobs, and Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez can take teams deep into the playoffs, saying Ben is not good or just a journeyman talent is idiotic.

Agreed but I also thought the same thing of Tom Brady early in his career when he won a couple titles. Now he is one of the best QB's in the league, putting up guady #'s, and his team has lost 3 straight playoff games. Maybe Big Ben starts putting his abilites to better use.

It's 90% about defense once the playoffs start.

Sure, he likes to dabble in sexual assault, but he's consistently one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Plus, I don't know if it's been mentioned that he likes to force chicks to do stuff they don't want to do.

Let me add that I think Ben is good, just really overrated. But you win a super bowl and that happens.

Let me add that I think Ben is good, just really overrated. But you win a super bowl and that happens.

Who is overrating him? You never hear anyone put him in the same league as Manning and Brady and Brees. He's won two super bowls and never won a super bowl MVP. I just don't get where you think people are overrating him. Is he one of the 5th-10th best QBs in the league? Without question, and that is where pretty much everyone seems to rate him.

Sure, he likes to dabble in sexual assault, but he's consistently one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Plus, I don't know if it's been mentioned that he likes to force chicks to do stuff they don't want to do.

Woa. I disagree with this.

I can't think of one season where he is the top 5 QB in the league. Not better than Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, and Brees. I'd put him in the teir with Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Schaub.

He gets criticized a lot for his performances in the 3 SBs

9 of 21, 123 yds, 0 TDs, 2 ints (W)

21 of 30, 256 yds, 1 TD, 1 int (W)

25 of 40, 263 yds, 2 TDs, 2 ints (L)

Although I do not like him personally, I would not call him overrated.

I think you go Brady, PManning, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers then Big Ben, Vick.

Am I off base here?

Who is overrating him? You never hear anyone put him in the same league as Manning and Brady and Brees. He's won two super bowls and never won a super bowl MVP. I just don't get where you think people are overrating him. Is he one of the 5th-10th best QBs in the league? Without question, and that is where pretty much everyone seems to rate him.

Ok I agree with you. 5-10 he is for sure. I just hear a lot of HOF talk out of him already. I guess I don't see it.

Now would I take him on the Vikings, YES! :D

I can't think of one season where he is the top 5 QB in the league. Not better than Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, and Brees. I'd put him in the teir with Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Schaub.

This is why we have the QB rating number, and numbers don't lie.

I think this is right. As I just posted, I think Ben and Vick are atop the list of 2nd tier guys.

He gets criticized a lot for his performances in the 3 SBs

9 of 21, 123 yds, 0 TDs, 2 ints (W)

21 of 30, 256 yds, 1 TD, 1 int (W)

25 of 40, 263 yds, 2 TDs, 2 ints (L)

Although I do not like him personally, I would not call him overrated.

I think you go Brady, PManning, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers then Big Ben, Vick.

Am I off base here?

Phillip Rivers is a d bag but I think he is a stud and would take him over Big Ben. Just hasn't had the defense the steelers have had during that time. And their special teams is awful

Ben is better than all of those guys. Manning has been decidedly average all of his career except one season. Cutler and Schaub put up big numbers on bad teams. Ryan is just a check down machine, with one of the lowest YPA in the league. Those four guys have also combined to win only five playoff games in their career (with four coming by Manning in one season).

Also, anyone putting Vick on Ben's level is getting a little ahead of themselves. Five games does not make a great QB.

Last year Big Ben was 5th in QB rating and Peyton Manning was 6th. Just .6 points behind him. Who would you rather have as your QB? And Tom Brady was at 10th.

Right. I agree. Sometimes, stats DO lie. I love Rivers on the field. As you said, he is a dbag. I actually miss the dbag bowl twice a year when cutler was in Denver. Haha.

But what you said is on the money.

I'm not arguing that I want him on my team, you dolt.

Let's keep it civil.

What are you arguing? I'm arguing who is a top 5 QB in the league. I think you take Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Rodgers over Big Ben and therefore he isn't top 5. Do you agree?

Ben is better than all of those guys. Manning has been decidedly average all of his career except one season. Cutler and Schaub put up big numbers on bad teams. Ryan is just a check down machine, with one of the lowest YPA in the league. Those four guys have also combined to win only five playoff games in their career (with four coming by Manning in one season).

Also, anyone putting Vick on Ben's level is getting a little ahead of themselves. Five games does not make a great QB.

Agreed that Big Ben is better than Schaub. I think Cutler is better than people give him credit for. I hate the Bears but respect Cutlers game. His #1 receiver is Johnny Knox. Matt Ryan wins ball games, but yes I would put Big Ben in front of him.

And I agree, one year doesn't make Vick better than Big Ben. I woud put Big Ben at 6th in the league right now. Thing with Big Ben is sometimes he plays like the 25th QB in the league and sometimes #1. I think guys like Matt Ryan are more consistent.

Also, you wouldn't really take Big Ben over Peyton Manning would you?

Agreed that Big Ben is better than Schaub. I think Cutler is better than people give him credit for. I hate the Bears but respect Cutlers game. His #1 receiver is Johnny Knox. Matt Ryan wins ball games, but yes I would put Big Ben in front of him.

And I agree, one year doesn't make Vick better than Big Ben. I woud put Big Ben at 6th in the league right now. Thing with Big Ben is sometimes he plays like the 25th QB in the league and sometimes #1. I think guys like Matt Ryan are more consistent.

Also, you wouldn't really take Big Ben over Peyton Manning would you?

Eli Manning was who I was referring to Ben being better than, not Peyton. Matt Ryan wins ball games? How many playoff games has "Matty Ice" won?

Also, if you're giving Cutler credit because his best reciever is Johnny Knox, look at who Ben is throwing to. Mike Wallace, Emmanual Sanders and Antonio Brown were not big time names coming out of college, he has made them into a pretty dangerous receiving corp.

Last edited:

Latest posts