Being at the game can be soooooo annoying...

bobdafox

Don't get me wrong, I love my Iowa Hawkeyes. I have always enjoyed sitting in Kinnick on a beautiful fall Saturday surrounded by 70,000+ Hawkeye fans. However, over the last couple of years, the people around me in the section I have my season tickets in have made my experience very annoying and un-enjoyable. I constantly hear people bickering and acting like they've had about 30 years of head coaching / coordinator experience and continuously rip the players. This does not only occur when losing, but while we have a lead in the game. Has anyone else's Kinnick experience gone down over the last few years due to fans audibly stating how terrible every single play is and what they would have done differently, whether they were on the field or calling the plays?

constantly hear people bickering and acting like they've had about 30 years of head coaching / coordinator experience and continuously rip the players. This does not only occur when losing, but while we have a lead in the game.

Welcome to Hawkeye Nation.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Iowa Hawkeyes. I have always enjoyed sitting in Kinnick on a beautiful fall Saturday surrounded by 70,000+ Hawkeye fans. However, over the last couple of years, the people around me in the section I have my season tickets in have made my experience very annoying and un-enjoyable. I constantly hear people bickering and acting like they've had about 30 years of head coaching / coordinator experience and continuously rip the players. This does not only occur when losing, but while we have a lead in the game. Has anyone else's Kinnick experience gone down over the last few years due to fans audibly stating how terrible every single play is and what they would have done differently, whether they were on the field or calling the plays?

When you have great seasons and win big bowl games expectations for every year is high even if you have less talent. Winning the Orange Bowl was great every hawk fan knows that and fans will become bleacher coaches when the team struggles.

I had that experience as well, but it wasn't @ Kinnick. My experience was @ Soldier Field and was with a NIU fan. He made it the worst live game experience I've had, the worst part is that my family was with me. I could of tolerated it if it was just me or my wife and I, but not with kids. He was an arm chair QB and of course the Iowa O was struggling so it was all JVB's fault. He even said "I grew up playing QB so I know what it's like." He was college aged so obviously wasn't good enough to play anywhere, but that didn't stop him. Even his family and friends were trying to tell him to STFU. He magically disappeared though when Iowa took the lead. Of course he was drunk so that didn't help, and even spilled beer all over our seats when we took the kids to the bathroom. Wanted to give him a piece of my mind especially because of the foul language, but I knew it wouldn't help and would probably make it worse. I understand the fandom of the game, but if families are around, be respectful, this goes to Iowa fans as well as there are plenty of idiot Iowa fans out there.

I no longer enjoy going to the games for the same reason. I hate being jammed in next to drunks yelling obcenities the whole game. i enjoy tailgating,but i won't pay the kind of money and frankly the quality of play lately doesn't help.

I no longer enjoy going to the games for the same reason. I hate being jammed in next to drunks yelling obcenities the whole game. i enjoy tailgating,but i won't pay the kind of money and frankly the quality of play lately doesn't help.

Last I checked there were a lot of people over the offseason that got rejected for new season ticket apps. Plenty of people would love to take your seats if you "no longer enjoy" watching from the stands.

Last I checked there were a lot of people over the offseason that got rejected for new season ticket apps. Plenty of people would love to take your seats if you "no longer enjoy" watching from the stands.

It would be helpful if the fans who don't have a clue would just give up their tix. Not only do they not know what the hell is going on in the game 1/2 of the time, but they drive up the demand so much that we are all paying out the roof for tickets.

Latest posts