Beilein Post Game Bull

Ouch...truth hurts. Actually several are Big quality with a Pt Guard and playing the right position.

JBo being one of them. Some role playing players just aren't P5 and maybe not D1.

That's interesting. Beilein sure loves JBo, to the point it annoyed his own players (see link). Or, maybe this was more of the 'bull' the OP was referring to. :)

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...chigan-was-open-hawkeyes-were-closed-20180102

Both were right. But the rest of the Hawkeyes were neutralized. Michigan’s focus was on another Hawkeye soph, point guard Jordan Bohannon.

“We thought the key was Tyler may get points, but Bohannon was the key,” Beilein said. “He shot the ball well (4-of-7 from 3-point distance, 12 points), but he is a really good Big Ten point guard. Zavier Simpson did a great job on him.”

Sophomore guard Simpson and freshman forward Isaiah Livers came in averaging 4.5 and 3.0 points, respectively. The two reserves had 15 and 13 Tuesday, respectively. Simpson also had seven assists. Most importantly to him was proving something while guarding Bohannon.

Last year, you see, Bohannon had 17 points, six assists and no turnovers here against the Wolverines and left quite an impression on Beilein.

“The coaches love Bohannon,” Simpson said, “to the point when it starts to be kind of annoying.

“Bohannon is a great player, no question. There’s nothing he can’t do. But I mean, it was starting to get crazy. Eli (Brooks) and Jaaron (Simmons) were like, ‘This is getting out of hand.’ Because it was. They were complimenting him so much. Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon.

“A lot of fire was built up because of how amazed the coaches are with a player. He is a great player, I’m going to be honest. But I just felt like the coaches were making him seem like the next Chris Paul. I just took pride in (guarding him).”

That's interesting. Beilein sure loves JBo, to the point it annoyed his own players (see link). Or, maybe this was more of the 'bull' the OP was referring to. :)

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/s...chigan-was-open-hawkeyes-were-closed-20180102

Both were right. But the rest of the Hawkeyes were neutralized. Michigan’s focus was on another Hawkeye soph, point guard Jordan Bohannon.

“We thought the key was Tyler may get points, but Bohannon was the key,” Beilein said. “He shot the ball well (4-of-7 from 3-point distance, 12 points), but he is a really good Big Ten point guard. Zavier Simpson did a great job on him.”

Sophomore guard Simpson and freshman forward Isaiah Livers came in averaging 4.5 and 3.0 points, respectively. The two reserves had 15 and 13 Tuesday, respectively. Simpson also had seven assists. Most importantly to him was proving something while guarding Bohannon.

Last year, you see, Bohannon had 17 points, six assists and no turnovers here against the Wolverines and left quite an impression on Beilein.

“The coaches love Bohannon,” Simpson said, “to the point when it starts to be kind of annoying.

“Bohannon is a great player, no question. There’s nothing he can’t do. But I mean, it was starting to get crazy. Eli (Brooks) and Jaaron (Simmons) were like, ‘This is getting out of hand.’ Because it was. They were complimenting him so much. Bohannon, Bohannon, Bohannon.

“A lot of fire was built up because of how amazed the coaches are with a player. He is a great player, I’m going to be honest. But I just felt like the coaches were making him seem like the next Chris Paul. I just took pride in (guarding him).”

It would totally make sense to me that JB the coach likes JBo. Beilein was mentored by his uncle Tom Niland. Niland was a WW2 hero and it was his family that Saving Private Ryan was base on. Niland was a short stocky college basketball player whose career was interrupted by WW2. Niland could pass like no one else. Niland introduced JB the coach to the 2 point guard set. JBo I'm sure reminds him of his uncle. Great shooter and passer. I don't doubt the connection at all.

Latest posts