Beilein Post Game Bull

longtimer

During the post game he said Fran was one of the best coaches in the country let alone Big Ten. He really likes Iowa. They are young and Bohanon is a great point guard. Really? Always is interesting to see how opposing coaches play up those who are really struggling. Of course I'm sure he would like to see Fran at Iowa as long as possible as it doesn't hurt his chances of coming in and putting a whomping on us.
I wish Beiliein was honestly assessing but it just came across as condescending crap. Next to apathy that's as bad as it gets

During the post game he said Fran was one of the best coaches in the country let alone Big Ten. He really likes Iowa. They are young and Bohanon is a great point guard. Really? Always is interesting to see how opposing coaches play up those who are really struggling. Of course I'm sure he would like to see Fran at Iowa as long as possible as it doesn't hurt his chances of coming in and putting a whomping on us.
I wish Beiliein was honestly assessing but it just came across as condescending crap. Next to apathy that's as bad as it gets
Fran actually has a really good record vs him and they said it was Michigan’s first time winning at Iowa since 2011.

I like Mac too, but the bottom line is the players aren't buying in or aren't capable of playing his style of ball. That was a very poor effort tonight, especially in the first half, except for Cook. I think Cook tossed his hat in the ring tonight to play the point. At times he looked better than anyone else handling the ball.

I like Mac too, but the bottom line is the players aren't buying in or aren't capable of playing his style of ball. That was a very poor effort tonight, especially in the first half, except for Cook. I think Cook tossed his hat in the ring tonight to play the point. At times he looked better than anyone else handling the ball.
Michigan post players aren’t really scorers . It made no sense to go to a 2-3 zone instead of a 3-2. Not only is he a lousy recruiter , I’m starting to realize he is a lousy coach too

Please let me know what the heck Fran is selling, because I sure would like to know!!! We are 16 games into the season and feels like I’m watching a team play a league game at the local park n rec!

What's he supposed to say. He sucks at teaching defense and Iowa can't cover the 3 ball? He and other coaches are always going to say good things.

Beilien is a good guy and I wish we had him. I know the family he is from. His comments are probably related to overall demeanor.

Oft overlooked is at the end of every game and there is a handshake. Most teams are pretty good about it. Some teams maybe have a guy who is a jerk, but some teams are entirely jerky. One of FM's positives is that his teams generally are decent sports and overall decent guys. Having coached, this part of the game is also important and can be a good win better or a bad loss better. I'm guessing Fran's teams are generally among the better good sports about it (after the end of the game) and most of the time Fran is as well. When he's not, it's because of someone on the other team being a jerk.

Now, I did not say he wasn't a jerk during the game. He can be. Coaches get irritated by in game tactics, but if the post game is OK, then it's mostly OK.

Woody's eye digging wasn't dirty as much as it was a big slow guy not being taught proper use of the hands on D.

What exactly is "his style of ball". Even Fran's better teams seem to lack a certain cohesiveness or flow. I'm not sure what he's trying to do.

As HawkPrdatr40 said; Please let me know what the heck Fran is selling, because I sure would like to know!!! We are 16 games into the season and feels like I’m watching a team play a league game at the local park n rec!

Respectfully speaking, flow is on the point guard. Ronnie Lester turned an average Big Team into a National Champion caliber team.

True. Also true that their aren't many Ronnie Lesters around.

A "good" point guard can drive a team with good chemistry and flow. Fran's teams rarely show that. The word "smooth" comes to mind...or rather, doesn't. I'd be curious to see what they do with their practice time.

True. Also true that their aren't many Ronnie Lesters around.

A "good" point guard can drive a team with good chemistry and flow. Fran's teams rarely show that. The word "smooth" comes to mind...or rather, doesn't. I'd be curious to see what they do with their practice time.

I imagine a lot of conditioning and using multiple combinations. Also a lot of yelling and flying clipboards with smirks from the players.

I don't imagine dribbling, shooting 3s or defense. :oops:

As a coach I couldn't imagine ever having a better point guard than Ronnie Lester from all possible angles. However, I wouldn't turn away Magic either.

What others (writer that covers MI & MSU BB) had to say........

Brendan F. Quinn‏Verified account @BFQuinn 15h15 hours ago
This will be a very solid win for Michigan, but it should be pointed out that Iowa looks like Tyler Cook and a collection of solid MAC players.

Ouch...truth hurts. Actually several are Big quality with a Pt Guard and playing the right position.

JBo being one of them. Some role playing players just aren't P5 and maybe not D1.

Latest posts