Beer & Tailgating

Should beer continue to be allowed on UI property on game days?

• Yes

Votes: 104 98.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
I think everyone over the age of eight should be forced to drink 1/70th of their weight in grain alcohol, then we will all be on the same page! I offer this as an opposing view to Sally Mason!

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I may be, but isn't alcohol already prohibited from the U of I campus? My understanding was that there are exemptions for certain specific locations and events (you could buy a glass of wine at Hancher, a drink in the skybox, etc.) but aside from that alcohol is prohibited from the campus and they just look the other way on game days.

there will be a lot less ppl coming to iowa games for the weekend if they can't drink before the games hate to say it but you know its true. a lot of ppl just come to tailgate then go to the bars its an atmosphere a lot of ppl enjoy

I personally think drinking should be allowed on UI Campus. I understand the no hard alcohol rule. But no beer, really? Yikes.

In my mind, getting rid of all alcohol on U of I lots would be hard to police. Not to mention destroy atmoshere and tradition.
Knowing they are very concerned about the drinking, I believe the thing to do would be to have more Public Safety there on game day scouting for obnoxious and out of control drunks. I'm sure this already takes place, but a more stepped up and concentrated effort may help make a difference and help everybody else enjoy their experience even more. Then the question becomes, where do you hold all the troublemakers? You can't exactly send them home.

I think everyone over the age of eight should be forced to drink 1/70th of their weight in grain alcohol, then we will all be on the same page! I offer this as an opposing view to Sally Mason!

That's a real responsible view:confused: I'm sure you're kidding, but what exactly made you pick out the age of eight? Why not 4?

Latest posts