Because of the weather and the futility of this years team

Drakebulldog93

I was totally impressed with the Iowa fans today. We didn't expect a win (though we 'hoped' for one) and the 'red crush' wasn't at all what I feared after reading the predictions from this board's experts.

To those who sat through the conditions...what was your estimate of the number of bugeaters in our Mecca? On Sound-Off, one clown said there were 20 grand plus....Bull Sheet. IMO, no more than 5-7 thousand ( I sit near the top of the SE end zone, so had a pretty good perspective of the stadium).
The usual visitors seating was full, the North end zone had the most red (shame on you...North siders) and part of the student section had a lot of red. But was apparent, they were saving their bucks for Indy...and the Rose Bowl:rolleyes:...damn, I'll hate pulling for Bielema...

And talk about uneducated trailer trash...didn't see one Nebby chick that I'd offer a Little Caesar's Hot & Ready pizza for a piece. What a dog show. I saw more teeth on "Swamp People," than I saw walking through our hallowed gates.

BTW, tix were going for $20 1/2 hour before kick off. Even saw Bugeaters selling tix. Hope they lost their arses.

As far as "trailer trash" goes, when the camera catches shots of the Iowa faithful (not to mention the Sker fans)...well, it doesn't exactly beckon images of the red carpet at the Oscars.

What I'm trying to say here is that there's a sh!t ton of cellulite bouncing around the brick and steel of Kinnick.

As far as "trailer trash" goes, when the camera catches shots of the Iowa faithful (not to mention the Sker fans)...well, it doesn't exactly beckon images of the red carpet at the Oscars.

What I'm trying to say here is that there's a sh!t ton of cellulite bouncing around the brick and steel of Kinnick.

Thunder...as for the Nebby gals, I'm talking 'track shoe' complexion...as for cellulite, it's getting to be that time when some desire 'bigger girls.'

Warmth in the winter...and shade in the summer.

I'd guess 8-10,000. Similar to the ISU game.

I was impressed with the fans today. Let's Go Hawks chants, enthusiasm cheering and hoping a mediocre football team could did a way. Supporting the effort. The kids deserve that.

A UNL fan near me even said, "lots of enthusiasm for a 4-7 football team."

I was there and I would say that no more than 10-15% of the crowd were wearing Starter jackets featuring the bugeaters' logo.

I'd guess 8-10,000. Similar to the ISU game.

I was impressed with the fans today. Let's Go Hawks chants, enthusiasm cheering and hoping a mediocre football team could did a way. Supporting the effort. The kids deserve that.

A UNL fan near me even said, "lots of enthusiasm for a 4-7 football team."

Yep, about right.... from my freezing section 214, I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout of the Hawkeye faithful. Still I was pi$$ed that the fuskers were such a presence in our house. :(

We gotta start putting a quality package on the field and even borderline passable game coaching soon, or we will forever have the label as "East Lincoln" to deal with.

I would have said 10% or a little less. As far as I could tell, they were concentrated in the East stands and in the North endzone. Iowa needs to do a better job of pushing visitors up off the field. They were a relatively quiet bunch and I expected way more celebrating in the end.

Iowa fans were fantastic. It was almost shocking to hear the cheers Vandy got when he was announced. The Huskers tried their damned GBR cheer and were almost always immediately drown out by Hawkeye fans. Also a cool thing to hear/see. Fans got an A today.

Hawk fans can still be proud of how we support our teams. We were still loud and supportive when we had a reason to be. That all being said, I think there were a few more Huskers fans at the stadium then any of us like to see. I'm GUESSING 20 to 25000. Mind you this is a guess. I sit on the pressbox side and can see the east and the north endzone stands only. It was sure more that I have ever seen in my 27 years of attending games.

I was there and pleasantly surprised to see that we held our own turf with ease. North endzone people sold out. The rest of us stayed..I almost didn't come to the game. Overall it wasn't that bad of a game experience..except when we displayed horrible game mgmt..which was pretty much the entire game. Oh my JVB burning the clock with and that stupid leg raising hooey..Just about killed me.

Latest posts