Beating Michigan....Does that Equal a 7 seed in the Big Dance?

HaydenHawk56

2nd off, eating crow tonight. Good Iowa showed up and they won another game. I'm thinking they probably locked themselves into at least a 8, 9, or 10 seed with the win tonight.

It might mean a 6? Fire Fran. 24 hours in this sport who knows? ...... that’s why dip shits who talk shit after a few games are clueless and have no idea what they are talking about.

I would say a win over Michigan would be a move up to a 6, which would be really nice. I want to avoid a 7/10 seed this season more than I want to avoid the 8/9. 7/10 gives a sizable chance of matching up with Duke, and I like our matchups against all the 1 seeds a whole lot more than I like our matchup against Duke.

I think they are at worst a 9 seed now. If they play Michigan close tonight and lose they should be an 8. A win would lock in a 7 I would think at least.

CBS has Iowa projected as a 7 as of today playing 10 Temple. Duke is the 2 who would be next.

I’m not concerned about seeding. The most important thing is locking down the NCAA berth, which there is no doubt about now. Keep winning and let the seeding take care of itself!

With a win today, my bracketology has us as a 7 seed in Des Moines, with the Sweet 16 in KC and the Final Four in Minneapolis. A loss today moves us down to a 10 seed...in Des Moines.

I’m not concerned about seeding. The most important thing is locking down the NCAA berth, which there is no doubt about now. Keep winning and let the seeding take care of itself!

The NCAA berth has been locked up for a couple of weeks now. The MOST important thing now is seeding.

duuuuude...you predicted Iowa would beat Illinois????? Could we get the lotto numbers? :)

I most certainly did. I said Iowa wins on Thursday and most likely gets obliterated on Friday. 2 predictions in 1. If I’m right tonight I will provide you those lotto #’s.

I most certainly did. I said Iowa wins on Thursday and most likely gets obliterated on Friday. 2 predictions in 1. If I’m right tonight I will provide you those lotto #’s.

Since we used up all of our good shooting last night, my prediction is we shoot like dog shit and lose a close enough game to say "if we only would have shot average...."