Beathard underwent sports hernia surgery

spliff45

Tom Kakert ‏@HawkeyeReport 6m6 minutes ago

News on C.J. Beathard having surgery last week to repair sports hernia.

That's actually good news in my opinion ... glad it was not anything more serious that needed repair. He should heal up fine and be able to work out this spring and have a heck of a senior year.

Ruh roh. I think these can be pretty tough to come back from no? I know it's a different position, but if I remember correctly didn't our lineman McMillan have one of these and never really fully recover?

Corey Clement of Wisky missed nearly the whole season with sports hernia. He tried to play through, then I think the week of the Iowa game, went to Germany for the surgey IIRC. I guess CJB was tougher lol

I actually heard he had a hernia "procedure" during the bye week. I don't if it was a full surgery or a temporary fix type of thing? Obviously take it for what it's worth. Everyone seems to know someone, who knows someone close to the program. I had sort of filed it away as rumor chatter at the time but now this makes me wonder if it was true at the time. It would explain how CJ could barely move against NW. Looked a little better against MD with a very vanilla game plan. Bounced back and looked pretty good/healthy against IN and MN before slowly sliding back for the final games of the year. Maybe the bye week they did a "band aid" type of thing and now they went back in to finish it up? Not saying I'm right. Just speculating on a rumor I heard while watching the Maryland game.

Bo Bower had this last year...missed a lot of time..was about a 5 month process for him to get back to full go. CJB will be fine for the start of summer drills, at the max

Bo Bower had this last year...missed a lot of time..was about a 5 month process for him to get back to full go. CJB will be fine for the start of summer drills, at the max
so thats 1 month lost, why not do immediately after the bowl game?

It might just be a blessing in disguise. It will give Weigers a ton of reps with the starters, especially in the spring, so he'll be ready if needed and will give him a head start for the 2017 season. CJ just needs to get healthy and be ready to go by august. He's got the offense down, he just needs to be able to execute at a much higher level than he did gimping around last year. I think it will end up a win-win if he fully recovers.

I don't know why some people think they were lied to because nobody disclosed his injury during the season? People's medical conditions are nobody's business. They only reason it's disclosed in the NFL is to appease the gamblers, which is BS in my opinion.

It might be a simple as letting the swelling go down completely before final evaluation. Sometimes things are a bit iffy about whether to do surgery or not.

Latest posts