Beathard has the arm of a GOD

Well, now that you mention it...

Wait. I like a few of Leinenkugel's offerings. So not ALL things Wisconsin.

On second thought, just nuke that shithole.

Easy, Rod. Wisky, as a state, is infinitely more beautiful than Iowa. I live in NW and there are more lakes, rivers and streams in my county than the entire state of Iowa. I have frickin bear in my backyard regularly. It's an outdoorsman's paradise up here.

Now the people.....they are a different breed. Lady today in my area just got her 8th OWI and possession of meth, and got probation. Pretty common scenario here.

Was Shanahan ragging on CJ after the game re that last interception? I missed his press conference but something about #11 wasn't their first option on that play.

If true what frickin play was Shanahan watching? The Packers were all over CJ with that blitz. Most of the night he handled the blitz to perfection.

He had no time on that play. It appeared the other options were covered and they hadn't even turned their heads. Why not take a shot to the guy that runs a 4.27? It was 3rd down correct? As good as a punt.

Is Shanahan somewhat of a tool?

The interception was on 3rd and 3. The main problem (to me) was the Packers had zero timeouts left. The 49ers should have gone for a short pass play or a run play and just let the clock run down if they didnt get the first down. By throwing the interception the packers had a full 1:07 to get into field goal range, which they did easily.

I am not blaming CJ at all (well ok sorta, he shoulda eaten the sack if he couldnt dump it off), I'm blaming the play calling. You either get a first down there or you let 40 seconds run off the clock and punt it to the packers with 25 seconds left in the game.

edit: what really burned the 49ers was Richard Sherman's illegal contact penalty on 3rd and 15.

Last edited:
Easy, Rod. Wisky, as a state, is infinitely more beautiful than Iowa. I live in NW and there are more lakes, rivers and streams in my county than the entire state of Iowa. I have frickin bear in my backyard regularly. It's an outdoorsman's paradise up here.

Now the people.....they are a different breed. Lady today in my area just got her 8th OWI and possession of meth, and got probation. Pretty common scenario here.

Last month I had a wedding in Wisconsin and stopped off the interstate to fill my tank up with gas. There were more people filling up their 4-wheelers with gas than cars. Never seen anything like it.

I don't mind Wisconsin at all, I just hate that all the cops are f'ing assholes. They just camp the interstate hoping to bust speeders from out of state. Like they have all these meth problems and yet they're "protecting and serving" the state by busting people going 76 in a 70. Thanks guys!

Yeah I live right next to a huge snowmobile/atv trail system. They have their own gas pumps there are so many of them. Honestly in my area it's all the tourist a-holes from the Twin Cities and Chicago that make summer not always the most enjoyable.

Haven't had much experience with the popo here. I live about an hour south of Duluth in a pretty rural area so not many fuzz

God-s-infinite-arms-embrace-us-all.-Be-an-arm..jpeg

last time I remember he had but two arms.

When I was in Spain several years ago, I asked a Spaniard acquaintance* if she liked traveling to France. She said France is great, aside from the French. That reflects my sentiments about Wisconsin.

*International booty call.

The interception was on 3rd and 3. The main problem (to me) was the Packers had zero timeouts left. The 49ers should have gone for a short pass play or a run play and just let the clock run down if they didnt get the first down. By throwing the interception the packers had a full 1:07 to get into field goal range, which they did easily.

I am not blaming CJ at all (well ok sorta, he shoulda eaten the sack if he couldnt dump it off), I'm blaming the play calling. You either get a first down there or you let 40 seconds run off the clock and punt it to the packers with 25 seconds left in the game.

edit: what really burned the 49ers was Richard Sherman's illegal contact penalty on 3rd and 15.

ALLEGED illegal contact penalty.

4f5.jpg

Also, BeatHard's pass was the functional equivalent of a punt. The play was clearly designed to go deep, and his line did him no favors.

... It worked for stretches of the game for SF but it also showed SF's man-on-man pass coverage to be every bit as pitiful as Iowa's. Did you see one of the crucial pass completions in the last TD drive for GB? The SF defender had his back to the play for most of the play. How reminiscent of Iowa's pass defense ...

In case you're not being tongue-in-cheek ...
It wasnt' just reminiscent, it was Iowa pass defense, compliments of former Hawk, Greg Mabin.

TURN...YOUR...HEAD!! PLAY...THE...BALL!!

( MUTHrPHUQ ... SH!T ... AZZ, Phil !! :mad: This aint 1985! WTF you teachin' these guys??!! :mad: )

“They out-blitzed us and we had to get rid of it,” Kyle Shanahan conceded. “There were four options on the play, but that wasn’t the one that we wanted.”

[...]

“There’s a lot of choices there against an all-out blitz. He definitely chose the wrong one.

I just watched the CJ interception play. All out blitz and Clinton-Dix got there immediately untouched. Shanahan mentioned 3 other options and a lot of choices. All were WELL covered. 2 of those 3 were basically 10-15 yard stop or sit down routes. Either one could have been a pick 6. The third was a long slant. Again well covered.

Shanahan admitted he figured they would be in an all out blitz. If so, then why the shortest route called is 10 yards? A screen pass would have been a better call but that might have gotten blown up. A run as well would have gotten blown up, but yes, would have taken time off the clock.

Talk about throwing your QB under the bus to squelch the criticism of your play selection and clock management.

Also been reading some comments from Niner fans after this game and previous games dating back to last year. Pretty brutal toward CJ. Fans at game actuallly cheered when he went down with injury last year. I realize he needs work and experience but Holy Shit he looked pretty good for most of that game. And Joe Staley his tackle spoke up for him basically contradicting Shanahan on that last throw.

“They out-blitzed us and we had to get rid of it,” Kyle Shanahan conceded. “There were four options on the play, but that wasn’t the one that we wanted.”

[...]

“There’s a lot of choices there against an all-out blitz. He definitely chose the wrong one.

I just watched the CJ interception play. All out blitz and Clinton-Dix got there immediately untouched. Shanahan mentioned 3 other options and a lot of choices. All were WELL covered. 2 of those 3 were basically 10-15 yard stop or sit down routes. Either one could have been a pick 6. The third was a long slant. Again well covered.

Shanahan admitted he figured they would be in an all out blitz. If so, then why the shortest route called is 10 yards? A screen pass would have been a better call but that might have gotten blown up. A run as well would have gotten blown up, but yes, would have taken time off the clock.

Talk about throwing your QB under the bus to squelch the criticism of your play selection and clock management.

Also been reading some comments from Niner fans after this game and previous games dating back to last year. Pretty brutal toward CJ. Fans at game actuallly cheered when he went down with injury last year. I realize he needs work and experience but Holy Shit he looked pretty good for most of that game. And Joe Staley his tackle spoke up for him basically contradicting Shanahan on that last throw.
I usually like Kyle Shanahan, but this is strangely reminiscent of Scott Frost.

[...]

And actually Goodwin was open but CJ didn't get enough on the ball since he was busy getting leveled. If you have 1 on 1 coverage down field with the fastest dude in football its not a bad idea.

hindsight is easy, but IMO CJ shoulda just eaten the sack, let 40 seconds wind off the clock, punt the ball with 20 seconds left and head to overtime. There's not many, if any, NFL QB's who would have actually done that though.

Again, the 49ers held the Packers to 4th and 15, but Richard Sherman got an illegal contact penalty that gifted the Packers a first down on that final drive. Not sure why Shanahan wasn't all over Sherman in the media as well.

I went to Madison last spring and I couldn't believe how much slower people are than even Iowa City. Was at a Hy-Vee and people were walking as if they just finished a marathon. I was courteous one time to a lady with a shopping cart by letting her go in front of me and immediately regretted it, she blocked the whole aisle for what seemed like 5 minutes. I needed to get to the far end so I ended up turning around, going up the next aisle and around the end and still beat her there. I am not a patient shopper, but a purpose shopper.

Last month I had a wedding in Wisconsin and stopped off the interstate to fill my tank up with gas. There were more people filling up their 4-wheelers with gas than cars. Never seen anything like it.

I don't mind Wisconsin at all, I just hate that all the cops are f'ing assholes. They just camp the interstate hoping to bust speeders from out of state. Like they have all these meth problems and yet they're "protecting and serving" the state by busting people going 76 in a 70. Thanks guys!

ah yes...that stretch of I-94 between Madison and Hudson. Been nabbed there more than once. sons-a-bitches...

Coach and Dad not good coaches. Especially in- game for son.Dad never could evaluate Talent. CJ better off elsewhere.Like his Grandad.Yo Pray for Surf. I ask."IowaSurfer" Big game Sat!