Beathard has the arm of a GOD

Rogers showed CJ how it's done, but remember Rogers sat behind a pretty good QB for a long time before he got his shot.CJ will learn from this.

Rodgers also had the refs calling phantom defensive holding calls on San Fran whilst he was being sacked on 3rd and 15 and ignoring GB's offensive linemen absolutely mugging San Fran rushers on two of the three final pass plays, including the longest one.

I wonder which ref was chosen to personally wash Aaron's balls after the festivities.

I bet they all lined up for the opportunity.

referee_cheesehead.jpg

Rodgers also had the refs calling phantom defensive holding calls on San Fran whilst he was being sacked on 3rd and 15 and ignoring GB's offensive linemen absolutely mugging San Fran rushers on two of the three final pass plays, including the longest one.

I wonder which ref was chosen to personally wash Aaron's balls after the festivities.

I bet they all lined up for the opportunity.

referee_cheesehead.jpg

Me thinks you must hate all things Wisconsin lol.

I think the 49ers pass defense is worse that Iowa's
The 49er's played junk defense for most of the game after the 1st drive by the Pack. Reminded me of a diamond-and-one-type of defense in basketball mass-covering Rodgers. Blitzed the ends, kept Rodgers in the pocket and played man-on-man coverage on the outside.

It worked for stretches of the game for SF but it also showed SF's man-on-man pass coverage to be every bit as pitiful as Iowa's. Did you see one of the crucial pass completions in the last TD drive for GB? The SF defender had his back to the play for most of the play. How reminiscent of Iowa's pass defense.

And when SF had GB deep in it's own territory on 4th down with about 1:20 to play, Sherman held which gave GB new hope which led to the final winning FG...again reminiscent of Iowa's pass defense.

Let me bring the discussion back to Beathard: He still needs to learn how to slide and needs to learn to step up in the pocket or, at least, keep a cooler head when pressure is coming his way in the pocket.

When CJ sets his feet to rip it down field it's a thing of beauty. However on the short quick throws he often looks as though his feet are too close together it just looks awkward. He needs to improve at throwing it around the defenders and not get so many balls batted down at the LOS. Over throwing Kittle on that 3rd down was huge, If he hits him on that they'd have a 1st down inside the 15 yard line maybe the 10... They may or may not score a TD after that but if nothing else they burn more time off the clock... Shanahan for as good of an offensive mind as he is is still a young HC and I think how he managed the game on both sides down the stretch was what prevented them from winning. He was out coached the whole 4th q. Granted Rogers was Rogers as well but it took a lot of things to go how it did for it to come to that

Still no fear out there from him. Running and diving for that first down head first.

Yea, he's got to not do that. He could have incidentally taken a bad shot to the head on that one as its difficult to know which way a defender is going to jump. He knew he needed to go head first to make sure he go the first down, though. Sliding and you take the chance of coming up short. He's a gamer.

He's firing the ball with great velocity when he needs to. I've noticed that has gotten better as well. He really looks the part of a starting QB. I also think he will be given a shot somewhere as well, if he doesn't earn it with San Fran this year. They have got some good pieces and they seem to be on the upswing. Also a pretty good situation with Admin and coach.

Greg Mabin really got picked on, on that last game winning drive by the Packers.

I was hoping they were going to comment during the game and show the pics of all the Iowa players. They kept mentioning them individually but never really commented on the number of them in this game.

At the very least, CJ has shown that he belongs in the NFL. Maybe not as a franchise QB but as a fully capable backup. He should be able to stick in the NFL for a long time.

Hell, just look at names still in the league like Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer and Connor Cook and Colt McCoy and Matt Cassel and Sam Bradford and Chad Henne and Landry Jones and Brock Osweiler and Blane Gabbert

and those were just off the top of my head. CJ can stick in the NFL. Be a capable backup, build up those pension years and ride off into the sunset my man.

At the very least, CJ has shown that he belongs in the NFL. Maybe not as a franchise QB but as a fully capable backup. He should be able to stick in the NFL for a long time.

Hell, just look at names still in the league like Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer and Connor Cook and Colt McCoy and Matt Cassel and Sam Bradford and Chad Henne and Landry Jones and Brock Osweiler and Blane Gabbert

and those were just off the top of my head. CJ can stick in the NFL. Be a capable backup, build up those pension years and ride off into the sunset my man.

I didn't think this until watching his last two games, but I think he has potential more than just a back-up. Besides just a few top tier QB's, the NFL is kind of lacking in talent. Might not be as bad as a couple draft classes ago but I think there are still opportunities out there. The last couple draft classes provided some pretty good talent, though.

I think he's throwing the ball a lot better now compared to when he was at Iowa. He seems to have more velocity and more deliberate with his throws. He's looking the part, to me.

He's got the game, the toughness, and right attitude. And the name don't hurt. I think he's gonna make a little money for himself this year, despite the 49'rs record.

Was Shanahan ragging on CJ after the game re that last interception? I missed his press conference but something about #11 wasn't their first option on that play.

If true what frickin play was Shanahan watching? The Packers were all over CJ with that blitz. Most of the night he handled the blitz to perfection.

He had no time on that play. It appeared the other options were covered and they hadn't even turned their heads. Why not take a shot to the guy that runs a 4.27? It was 3rd down correct? As good as a punt.

Is Shanahan somewhat of a tool?

Was Shanahan ragging on CJ after the game re that last interception? I missed his press conference but something about #11 wasn't their first option on that play.

If true what frickin play was Shanahan watching? The Packers were all over CJ with that blitz. Most of the night he handled the blitz to perfection.

He had no time on that play. It appeared the other options were covered and they hadn't even turned their heads. Why not take a shot to the guy that runs a 4.27? It was 3rd down correct? As good as a punt.

Is Shanahan somewhat of a tool?

Yes, he is. An arrogant little prick.

Also, he's almost singlehandedly responsible for the Falcons' blowing that huge lead and losing to the Patriots in the Superbowl a couple of years ago.

Well, now that you mention it...

Wait. I like a few of Leinenkugel's offerings. So not ALL things Wisconsin.

On second thought, just nuke that shithole.

Well put. But let's save Mike Daniels, Bryan Bulaga, and Josh Jackson first. Or at least make sure they are away for a road game.

Latest posts