Beathard at QB

If the QB race was as close as we've been told, Beathard should see some significant time on Saturday. Then I would like to see Rudock and Beathard take meaningful snaps against ISU and W. Michigan. By then, there would be enough evidence to make a valid choice on a starter for the Big Ten opener vs. Minnesota.

I care not who the QB ends up being, but I do care a lot about kids being given a fair chance to compete for the job. Practice is practice. Games are games. Bob Commings used to say his QB, Tommy McLaughlin, looked like a Heisman winner in practice every week, but never was able to bring it when they blew the whistle on Saturday.

I like Rudock, but I'd like to know what Beathard looks like under fire as well. You'd think the coaches might be curious, too. And besides, it would only be fair. Iowa should beat Missouri State, ISU and W. Michigan regardless of who plays QB. What we need to know is which QB really does give Iowa the best chance to win the rest of the way.

i'm guessing bill michael was the tavern hok who (back in the day) showed up at the press conference drawing up plays with his bib overalls on...

Sound thinking, Moron, I mean Mr. Theboat. I think you missed it. Next time you feel like posting, save the poor little pixels for those who may have a brain cell left.

I thought somewhere it was stated that the race for #1 had cleared up a bit, but that the better race was for the backup spot. It's possible I could have mis-heard that...

Having said that, I hope that we get a chance to see another QB this week because there is almost no reason we shouldn't put it on MO St early and often.

Wow, personal attacks are flying like crazy today. Nice goin', bozo, er, it's you again, Imported. Please stop wasting pixels. The adults are trying to have a conversation.

Sound thinking, Moron, I mean Mr. Theboat. I think you missed it. Next time you feel like posting, save the poor little pixels for those who may have a brain cell left.

You keep thinking you deserve to decide who the QB should be. It will work well for you.

you sound...........familiar.

i-sense-something-a-presence-facebook-cover.jpg

Life isn't fair and football sure isn't fair. So don't expect them to play musical qbs. You can hope they would because you'd like to see the other guys get a shot. But it's not usually how it works. I'm not sure how bad of a game Rudock would have to have to warrant a benching but I think he's going to have some slack on that rope.

Life isn't fair and football sure isn't fair. So don't expect them to play musical qbs. You can hope they would because you'd like to see the other guys get a shot. But it's not usually how it works. I'm not sure how bad of a game Rudock would have to have to warrant a benching but I think he's going to have some slack on that rope.

see clowns just last year or the year prior. musical qb doesn't do anything contructive. other than satisfy tavern hok's desire to see that coach is intentionally keeping the best players on the bench. (see, i told you!)

One of the greatest Iowa QBs of all-time was 3rd string going into the season and got his shot due to rotating QBs. Iowa also lost the 1st game that year by 1 pt to Tennessee. We had two other losses that year toward the middle of the season.

One of the greatest Iowa QBs of all-time was 3rd string going into the season and got his shot due to rotating QBs. Iowa also lost the 1st game that year by 1 pt to Tennessee. We had two other losses that year toward the middle of the season.

hey, remember how iowa lost this game?

Didn't they lose on a last second field goal?

hartlieb came in for his shot in the end of the first half and promptly pitched it to a tennessee guy instead of an iowa guy. tennessee guy went for 6. did that directly cost them the game, no. but iowa was about to score, so it was a 14 point turnaround. guess what, fry stuck with hartlieb, instead of calling in beathard off the bench.......

Latest posts