Be ready for a disappointment in recruiting

Well you can't blame the kid in some ways---- you have to give Wisky credit, they have had a very healthy program in the last 10 years, considering how many 10+ wins season's they have. (something like 4 or 5 of out of the last 5 or 6?)

and if i'm a running back right now getting ready for next level-- Wisky is pretty appealing, my god, look at Montee Ball---third stringer, kid is a stud and would start at any other b10 school, James white, actually IMO White is Wisky's best running back, If there is anything that turned out for Wisky to be a "let down" it would be Clay-- but big deal, white and ball clearly took care of that---

so that said, why not go to wisky? It sucks massive fatties and it pains me, but it is a reality and also a reflection on our coaches over all--it's not just KOK--- i don't like KOK anymore than the next guy but the blame-all on KOK get's overkill too--- at the end of the day Kirk is the captain and it falls on him and his passive-aggressive style and play not to loose philosophy is a turn off to players and for good reasons.

not arguing that belima(sp?) doesn't have a good share of ****** qualities, but he certainly has a lot of that Hayden Fry fire (just a class down version i guess) and play to win philosophy--- Good players want to play for coaches that have balls and want to kick a**--- and the obvious, wins......

honestly guys, I don't know why people get so worked up by a kid
de-committing. It happens all the time, we get who we get and we work with what you got. Calm down, last I checked, football wasn't won by 1 single player. It takes everyone on a team, and the odds of a true freshman coming in and granting our wishes of getting to Pasadena are pretty damn slim. The only time someone should even get worked up about a recruit is the fact that people are making millions of dollars on guessing how great a person may/may not be.

Now is when we have to start wondering how solid some of our recruits are. Everything was fine and dandy early on when we were expected to do big things but now that things have settled back to "normal" how many of these guys will stay? Nick Law taking a visit to Maryland and now Gordon decommitting after being strong with us for months. Wins and losses aren't the only thing we have to worry about guys.

How the fans complain about KOK are probably a much bigger influence than the job that KOK actually does. Fiction/fabrications versus fact ... unfortunately recruits will sometimes believe the fabrication. Besides, it sounds like Gordon has been feeling A TON of pressure to stay in-state. Too bad it finally seemed to get to him.

Fiction instead of fact - like the fiction that KOK is a competent OC.

Now is when we have to start wondering how solid some of our recruits are. Everything was fine and dandy early on when we were expected to do big things but now that things have settled back to "normal" how many of these guys will stay? Nick Law taking a visit to Maryland and now Gordon decommitting after being strong with us for months. Wins and losses aren't the only thing we have to worry about guys.

I'm pretty sure it was Law that was talked about a week or two ago. His other visits were scheduled before he committed, and the coaches allowed him to make the trips because of that.

Maybe that wasn't Law, but I'm pretty sure it was.

FWIW ... Gordon is now listed as a Iowa verbal again on the rivals site.

We'll see if he sticks ....

Won't stick. Taking unofficial this weekend and official next weekend to Madison. This kid is gone unless something remarkable happens.

But, these words on the commit list would certainly remove the sting tremendously -- Anthony Pierson (4-star Athlete out of East St. Louis.) He is down to Iowa and 3 other schools. Wants to play RB. Blazing fast -- 4.38 40 but slightly smaller than Gordon. So, a bit smaller 175 vs. 190, but definitely a step faster. And, played against tough competition too.

Well you can't blame the kid in some ways---- you have to give Wisky credit, they have had a very healthy program in the last 10 years, considering how many 10+ wins season's they have. (something like 4 or 5 of out of the last 5 or 6?) QUOTE]

Not sure where you get your information from.

Wisconsin since 2000 has 2- 10 Win seasons and 1- 12 win season for a total of 3. Iowa has 2- 10 win seasons and 2- 11 win seasons since 2000 for 4.

maybe he reads these boards and figures the fan base thinks iowa is a crap program? Go reread all the "positive posts on here" ,all three of them.

If there is something to this fight... then the question becomes,

Now the question is, was it frustration between highly competitive people.... or
Finger pointing?

The former, all is well in Hawkeye land. The latter, well then KF has lost the team.

It's one guy. He wasn't all that committed if he's going to let a somewhat "down" year sway his decision.

If there is something to this fight... then the question becomes,

Now the question is, was it frustration between highly competitive people.... or
Finger pointing?

The former, all is well in Hawkeye land. The latter, well then KF has lost the team.

I don't believe that there was a fight at this point. But I don't see how one could have broken out without there being finger pointing. Frustration, and I'd have expected to see it break out with OSU players, not each other.

I don't believe that there was a fight at this point. But I don't see how one could have broken out without there being finger pointing. Frustration, and I'd have expected to see it break out with OSU players, not each other.

I don't believe it either.

Iowa will be pretty good at runningback for the next few years regardless. Anyway, if Coe commits this is all moot.

maybe he reads these boards and figures the fan base thinks iowa is a crap program? Go reread all the "positive posts on here" ,all three of them.

Did you ever read Wisconsin's boards the past couple seasons? Same situation. Happens on any board with disappointments and frustrations.

Latest posts