Be ready for a disappointment in recruiting

On some idiots twitter feed he is saying the main reason he is decommiting is because of a fight they had in the locker room after the game? Has anyone heard anything of this? I know i haven't.

Kyle Heikkinen (Kyle_Heikkinen) on Twitter

Wow...this is the most credible thing I've seen in a long time. First, not buying the fight thing. Other recruits at the same game expressed a great time, despite the loss.

Second...what are recruits doing in a losing, emotional locker room after a game like that. Keep them out of the locker room if there is a loss out of respect to the guys who played. Strange things can happen when you are invested, frustrated, and disappointed.

One decommitment isn't going to alter our path one way or the other. We will have more depth at RB next year than any year in my memory. Adam Robinson will be lucky to get snaps. Jewel and Coker will distance themselves. I know Jewel's had some bad luck, but this guy is special. He would have had a big year and he's got the make up to come back even better.

One decommitment isn't going to alter our path one way or the other. We will have more depth at RB next year than any year in my memory. Adam Robinson will be lucky to get snaps. Jewel and Coker will distance themselves. I know Jewel's had some bad luck, but this guy is special. He would have had a big year and he's got the make up to come back even better.

I remember the same thing being said about RB depth going into this season. My guess is Adam will be the starter going into camp next fall. It remains to be seen how Jewel will respond after another knee surgery. I predict Kirk will do what he usually does and go with experience over talent.

Second...what are recruits doing in a losing, emotional locker room after a game like that. Keep them out of the locker room if there is a loss out of respect to the guys who played. Strange things can happen when you are invested, frustrated, and disappointed.

QUOTE]

Recruits usually partake many activities including the Pre-Game and Post-Game speeches win or lose.

I remember the same thing being said about RB depth going into this season. My guess is Adam will be the starter going into camp next fall. It remains to be seen how Jewel will respond after another knee surgery. I predict Kirk will do what he usually does and go with experience over talent.

talent has to be available for it to make an impact on the field. I hope that Jewel is back better than ever, but until that happens, I feel fine with Adam. He has maximized every opportunity that he has been given.

C'mon fellas....not too long ago....CJ did the exact same thing to/for Illinois/Iowa.

Nobody on here seemed too outraged.

It all depends on whose ox is getting gored.

QUOTE]

Recruits usually partake many activities including the Pre-Game and Post-Game speeches win or lose.

Real smart reply here... what grade you in? 9th? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think the original post was intended to say they couldn't be in there... I think he meant out of repect they shouldn't be. Real men are cranky when they lose. If this guy was scared off because of men being cranky after losing a close game to Ohio State we didn't lose much. If I were a recruit I would be glad they were ******.

Why I love Patton's speech... Americans love a winner and don't tolerate ... I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed... for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

It shouldn't have been hugs and happiness in that locker room.

Real smart reply here... what grade you in? 9th? I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think the original post was intended to say they couldn't be in there... I think he meant out of repect they shouldn't be. Real men are cranky when they lose. If this guy was scared off because of men being cranky after losing a close game to Ohio State we didn't lose much. If I were a recruit I would be glad they were ******.

Why I love Patton's speech... Americans love a winner and don't tolerate ... I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed... for the very idea of losing is hateful to an American.

When I was playing, I certainly wasn't cheery when my team lost. You would have been wise to steer clear of me, especially if I felt like I made the crucial mistake that lost the game (that happened a few times). THAT is to be expected, guys being p*ssed at themselves after a loss.

Pointing fingers (if that's what happened), is NOT to be tolerated. It's not what you want to see after a loss.

what would you do? play for a conservative coach that keeps every opponent you play in the game and watches the clock or a coach that goes for the jugular and also goes for two with a outrageous lead because "it is what the card told me to do." wisky all the way. they are the best team in the big ten.

I am sure the way the season has fallen apart this will not be the last big name recruit to drop Iowa and go elsewhere to where teams actually can live up to expectations when they are high.

Crazy that Wisconsin is the flavor of the week when we beat them last year in Madison and lost to them off a fake punt this year. The Hawkeyes are right there... but our close losses opened them up for ridicule... which is too bad. If this same team wins those games they are undefeated and considered GREAT! Fine line from being considered great or a failure, but still the same team, player, coaches, fans, etc. I don't base my entire thoughts of a team on wins-losses. This year was dissapointing, but still the same team. Not horrible, nor great.

Good point greghammel and yes IF we would have won those games. Too bad our coaching staff doesn't get it.

And I don't base my entire thoughts on wins-losses UNLESS many of those wins and losses are based on poor coaching decisions Wisky fake punt, TO debacle end of Wisky game, bend but don't break give up game winning drive 4 times this season defensive schemes, need I say more....

[]

I know what I was responding to bud. The only one looking like a 9th grader is you with that ignorant attack. Does it make you feel big and bad to be able to reply that way?

I couldn't careless if you feel they should be in there for a loss. It's what Iowa does win or lose.

I will sitback and wait for your next childish reply.. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts