Hawks Lose BCS Champship vs. Boise St or Win the Rose Bowl

• BCS Championship Loss to Boise St.

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Rose Bowl Win

Votes: 83 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

H8IAST8

Would you rather Iowa make the BCS National Championship and lose to Boise State or would you rather Iowa make the Rose Bowl and beat the 3rd or 4th ranked team in the country?

Last edited:
This is a very very very tough one. On one hand I want a Rose Bowl win which could catapult us to the next level but on the other I think a trip to the National Championship game would get us there too and give us more exposure. It would have to depend on how bad we lose to Boise. If we get blown out then I'd take the rose bowl victory for sure, but if we lose a close hard fought battle at the wire, that would really do wonders for our program. Idk

Tough question right. I choose BCS, but it was extremely hard. I think the deciding factor was the hype National Championships get. But if you had an Alabama, USC, Florida, or Texas in the Rose i might just take the Rose Bowl.

Playing for the NC is adream for any player and fan. Can you imagine the hype and the ammount of fans at that game if that were to happen.

If we win a Rose Bowl, there is a glow which lasts for the entire off season.

If we lose the NC game, people would say we didn't deserve to be there, Big-10 can't win the big one (see tOSU) and, there would be a bad taste in my mouth for the entire off season.

I too hate to lose. Guess I'd vote for a Rose Bowl win

Would you rather Iowa make the BCS National Championship and lose to Boise State or would you rather Iowa make the Rose Bowl and beat the 3rd or 4th ranked team in the country?

Rose Bowl win. Once that happens, then I'd take a national championship loss.

I would rather make it to the title game, but I agree with the sentiment that it would suck to be the team to lose to Boise. The national media would say that Boise didn't have to play a traditional power to win the title.

If the option was losing to someone other than Boise State, I'd easily take the Rose Bowl win. I'd rather not lose to Boise, however.

Rose Bowl win. I wonder if we would be ranked higher for winning the Rose Bowl than we would be if we lost the NC game??

Rose win is a far better feeling than a BCS title loss. Rose Bowl win lasts a lifetime...its been a lifetime since its happened.

Rose win is a far better feeling than a BCS title loss. Rose Bowl win lasts a lifetime...its been a lifetime since its happened.

I understand what youre saying but Iowa has never played for a national title (save the 58 title...you know what i mean).

A natl championship appearance would also last a lifetime. Its a tough one but i voted for natl championship because the 6 weeks leading up to the game would be some of the best weeks of my life. The loss would be crushing but I am a Iowa and Minnesota Vikings fan....i can handle heartbreak with the best of them

In my opinion the Rose Bowl it is no better than the Orange, Fiesta, or Sugar Bowls. It has sold its name out just like the rest of the BCS bowls. It invites teams that haven't won their conference. The luster it used to carry when I was a kid is gone.

Since Iowa has already won a BCS game on par with the Rose Bowl, I would have to go with the NC game and lose (as long as Iowa played well).

It would be cool to the center of attention for a whole month. Lot of exposure for the program.

Don't you play the games for a chance to play for it all? A Rose Bowl win would be wonderful, but I believe playing for a NT would mean much more in the short and long term.

Wisconsin won a couple of Rose Bowls. They are not exactly at the next level. Good, but not great.

The MNC is of less importance to me than the Rose Bowl. I know it makes no sense but thats how I see it.

Latest posts