Baylor blocking aTm to SEC

goods10

I just heard on KC news at noon that Baylor is blocking Texas A&M from going to the SEC. The SEC accepted aTm with the condition that every team in the Big12 voted to allow aTm to leave. Previously each member OK'ed it but now Baylor is threatening to bring a law suit on aTm. That conference sucks!!

The conference presidents are having a conference call this afternoon to clarify things. If Ken Starr is okay with what he hears from the rest of the presidents, he will back off and let A&M go; if he doesn't like what he hears, he will review his options.

Yes there is a 9/2 letter circulating today that is from Dan Bebee saying every B12 member had agreed to waive their rights to sue...probably posturing more than anything else

If I'm Baylor or Iowa State I wouldn't agree not to sue unless I got assurances from Texas, Oklahoma, etc. that they also weren't gonna bolt.

If I'm Baylor or Iowa State I wouldn't agree not to sue unless I got assurances from Texas, Oklahoma, etc. that they also weren't gonna bolt.

Exactly. I love how some posters on here use ISU doing what's best for them financially and as an institution, as another excuse to just childishly bash on them. Any university in their situation that would agree not to sue would be just plain stupid. Some of you need to grow up.

Exactly. I love how some posters on here use ISU doing what's best for them financially and as an institution, as another excuse to just childishly bash on them. Any university in their situation that would agree not to sue would be just plain stupid. Some of you need to grow up.

It's an online message board and it's rivalry week. I didn't know people were supposed to be rational and courteous towards ISU...:confused:

I'm talking about the over-the-top stuff. Some of it is just stupid.

If the roles were reversed they would be chizzing in their pants over the whole situation and we would have trolls on here like no other. It's a rivalry. People are going to make fun of their situation. Try not to take it to heart.

No they aren't. Do you have a source? They have the right to, but so do schools like TTU and OU.
I'm trying to figure out what basis they could sue on? Teams move from conference to conference, time to time. They have the right to move.

It's pretty hypocritical of Baylor to sue, seeing how they did SMU, TCU, Houston, and Rice back when the Big 12 got together.

If the roles were reversed they would be chizzing in their pants over the whole situation and we would have trolls on here like no other. It's a rivalry. People are going to make fun of their situation. Try not to take it to heart.

Okay? Didn't know I was.

What's ridiculous, to me at least, are people giving ISU crap for making a move that is in their best interest that any university (that has any sense, at least) would make.

I'm trying to figure out what basis they could sue on? Teams move from conference to conference, time to time. They have the right to move.

It's pretty hypocritical of Baylor to sue, seeing how they did SMU, TCU, Houston, and Rice back when the Big 12 got together.

Not if there's a signed contract in place stating that said teams will not leave the conference and hang everybody else out to dry.

Latest posts