Basketball Team Frustration

They might be playing "bad" but don't deny the incredible talent MSU has. It won't be a blow out. I saw this team just dismantle a Rutgers team after Iowa barely beat them. Hopefully Iowa comes with the same intensity vs Illinoy and I think Iowa finds a way to win. At least Fran is not afraid to sit JBo this year when he is playing bad. It's just we haven't seen much improvement from Troussaint.
Don't forget the hall of fame coach on their sideline....

Don't look now, but Rutgers is righting their ship. And do you know what Pikiell did? He benched Jacob Young, Mathis, cut Harper and Baker's minutes.

He got some players' attention. As Shon Morris has always told us, the bench can be a great motivator.

If they do it’s just bad luck. I watched that game today and OSU left guys wide open...and some were almost airballs. But it shouldn’t matter. They don’t play good D and they’re getting killed in the paint.
Minnesota was bad luck. Carr hitting two of them to get it into OT, Johnson going off in OT, missed free throws.

Minnesota is dead last in the conference in three point fg% in part because Gabe Kalescheur may be the most overrated player in the league. But like a free swinger who knows he will occasionally run into one, the feel if they keep chucking them a few will eventually go in.

On Christmas night, they eventually did.

Minnesota was bad luck. Carr hitting two of them to get it into OT, Johnson going off in OT, missed free throws.

Minnesota is dead last in the conference in three point fg% in part because Gabe Kalescheur may be the most overrated player in the league. But like a free swinger who knows he will occasionally run into one, the feel if they keep chucking them a few will eventually go in.

On Christmas night, they eventually did.
You are correct. The first Minnesota game was just one of those games where the other team shoots out of their mind.

The Indiana game we couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat.

Those two losses were clear outliers and not games to get worked up about. Barely losing to a top 20 Illinois squad on the road also isn't something to worry about.

If we come out against MSU and look flat then I will start to be concerned. MSU (this year) is a team we should easily beat by double digits.

Latest posts