Basketball O/U: How many players average double figures this year

How many hawks will average at least 10.0 ppg this year?

• 3 or less

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuffMan

Iowa has had more than 3 players average in double figures just once since the 04-05 featured Pierce, Brunner, Haluska, and Horner. That was in 08-09 when Kelly, Gatens, Peterson, and Tucker all managed to score at least ten per game. What makes that noteworthy is only two of those four, Gatens, and Tucker, came back in 09-10, and Tucker wasn't really a factor due to off court issues.

Currently we have five players averaging in double digits. Gatens (16.3), May (15.3), Basabe (12.3), McCabe (11.0) and White (10.0). I don't think all five continue at that pace, but the question is, will at least 4 of them do so?

How many players will average in double figures this year. I'm going to set the number at 3.5.

I can see Gatens, Basabe and 1 other player finishing with double digits in scoring. I am pretty sure the overall scoring average for the team will drop significantly throughout the year, starting this Sunday. This will hurt everyones changces.

More than likely the 3rd will be May. I don't think the rest of the players will be consistent enough to sustain double digits. Hopefully they will take turns being the 4th scorer we will need.

Cartwright is currently averaging just under 7, hes got some catching up to do.

He's also only averaging 20 mins/game right now. I expect that he will average somewhere around 33-35 mins. Being on the court that much more will help his numbers in other categories.

Cartwright is currently averaging just under 7, hes got some catching up to do.

I would predict that Cartwright will do more distributing this year than scoring. More weapons to pass to. Then, he can make the big shots in crunch time.

I think it is just going to be 3. Gatens, May, and Basabe. But then I think there will be 5 guys (White, McCabe, Cartwright, Marble, and Oglesby) in the 6-10 range.

i actually see Oglesby and White in a 5 way split of avg dbl figures in scoring, White as the season goes on will settle down and becoming more consistant and Oglesby having a green light to shoot 3's, will allow him to get to 10+ ppg, this team so far is doing something they did not do that well last season, they are shooting FT's and 3 pointers at a higher rate and #'s plus the %'s is much better

I'm taking the over. I think there will be many more points a game up for grabs all season. Somebody has to score them don't they?

Latest posts