Basabe sees advantages to coming off the bench

I have really liked what I have seen from Melsahn the last few games. He is making the most of his minutes and I am not at all suprised that he is logging more PT than Woodbury in some games. Mel's dunk in the NW game was an NBA move if I have ever seen one! At least I think it was in the NW game................ Go Melsahn, Go Hawks!

I have really liked what I have seen from Melsahn the last few games. He is making the most of his minutes and I am not at all suprised that he is logging more PT than Woodbury in some games. Mel's dunk in the NW game was an NBA move if I have ever seen one! At least I think it was in the NW game................ Go Melsahn, Go Hawks!
Word. I really like his attitude this season. He's not pouting and moping on the bench.

Mel has been focused all season, he has been fun to watch.

The experience Iowa brings off the bench is a definite good thing.

It allows Fran to trust his bench is going to be able to extend leads and cut deficits, not that they do it every game, but Iowa doesn't have bench that scares me any longer.

The youth is making strides as the season has gone along, but if someone is off Fran can go to the bench for an extended period, if he has to.

Add in Jok/Uthoff/Meyer next season and Iowa has great depth at every spot on the floor and a legit 10-11 deep as Ingram has been playing well in his extended time of late. Not that this season is hopeless because it isn't, but wow Iowa is going to have a really good team team next year.

Mel is having a decent year. I want him to finish strong. He is capable of doing just that. SHould be fun to see!

Next year we could have a complete team. If Ingram can step it up, and Jok can add some quickness on the outside, look out.

Latest posts