Basabe goal tending

gordonearl

In the first half Basabe was called for a foul when it could have been goal tending. I hate to seem stupid, but why did Nebraska shoot free throws when they were not in the one and one?

That was a hideous call. If it was anything it was offensive goaltending, although I would like another look to see whether he did in fact touch the ball while it was still in the cylinder. No way was it a foul. Mel simply elevated; too bad the B1G refs can't keep up with the game.

Corn

That was a hideous call. If it was anything it was offensive goaltending, although I would like another look to see whether he did in fact touch the ball while it was still in the cylinder. No way was it a foul. Mel simply elevated; too bad the B1G refs can't keep up with the game.

Corn
On the radio, Hansen was laughing because he said if Mel fouled anyone, it was going over ... Gatens! He said 'you can't foul your own guy!'. Ok, maybe he wasn't laughing. :)

in slow-mo replay the ball was clearly above the rim when he grabbed it to slam it home...refs totally screwed that one

On a related note, I like seeing Basabe get a goal tending call early in the game. You give up 2 points, but it might cause a big man opponent to hurry a shot (or avoid taking a shot) later in the game.

On a related note, I like seeing Basabe get a goal tending call early in the game. You give up 2 points, but it might cause a big man opponent to hurry a shot (or avoid taking a shot) later in the game.

I love when he gets a block, but when he gets a goal tend I think he gets a bit nervous and lets it get to him. That confidence thing is SO huge with Basabe.

It really doesn't matter, but on the replay i thought the ball was outside the cylinder, or to put in terms of the rules, had no chance to go in.

b. The entire ball is above the level of the ring and has the possibility,
while in flight, of entering the basket and is not touching the
cylinder.

Latest posts