Barta out?

right, imo, this very good news for Iowa who desperately needs new blood and direction at the top. I am sure there was meat left on the bone but that's going to be with any AD. I just mean it's hard to argue that the athletic department didn't thrive under his watch, monetarily, and on the field of play. He also actually won with both Kirk's and Fran's contracts that were wildly panned. He's getting both guys for a song when you look at their results vs. where they rank with their peers.

He was actually quite good with contracts IMO, which will go over on this site like a wet fart but find me another coach in football who went 71-30 the last 7 years that's making under 7 million.

Also, find me another coach with Fran's paycheck (10th highest in the B1G) that has had the success he has had at Iowa?

He was shit with PR and I am glad he's out and everyone should be celebrating, but let's not act like he didn't do a lot of great things for Iowa athletics.
Brian kelly
Kyle whittingham
Mike gundy
Chris kleiman

Just a handful off the top of my head. Ferentz success is primarily due to: only game in town with over the top support including financial and facilities, playing in b10 west, incredibly soft non-conference, longevity. And to his credit-phenomenal defense and walk-on program/development

complicated legacy

Those two words I have heard quite a bit in regards to Barta's retirement. You can lump me into that group as well. For every positive that he did, there was a PR disaster that took away from it. Yes, he was a good fundraiser, but the lawsuits were really bad. I thought he would step away next June when his contract was up...I am okay with him stepping away in August.

Brian kelly
Kyle whittingham
Mike gundy
Chris kleiman

Just a handful off the top of my head. Ferentz success is primarily due to: only game in town with over the top support including financial and facilities, playing in b10 west, incredibly soft non-conference, longevity. And to his credit-phenomenal defense and walk-on program/development

Jaime Pollard is the best AD ever. If Iowa only had a pom-pom, rah-rah, rally-the-troops AD like that, they would dominate collegiate athletics.

Jaime Pollard is the best AD ever. If Iowa only had a pom-pom, rah-rah, rally-the-troops AD like that, they would dominate collegiate athletics.
That’s funny. I think he’s a punch face douche. But if he’d call the Ferentz family out for their family legacy experience, I’m all for bitter beer face coming over

Thank God. How much money has the department lost due to his ineptitude? New person should have some balls and get things done the right way.
Well if it's the Assistant AD she doesn't have any balls, but she is definitely NIL friendly and everyone speaks highly of her.

Perhaps Barta wants to get out before he has to enforce the Brian Ferentz performance contract.

^^^^^^^^^^. THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

There’s been a lot of booing in the stands directed toward the offense. Were a wealthy University to be putting such a trash offense on the field.

Even though the former Michigan QB will likely add a spark to the offense, if we are using the same playbook we will see the same offense. The only reason this philosophy has worked is because our defense has been amongst the best. So many have said if only our offense was just average amongst the college football world it would be a game changer. Just finishing in the top fifty in offense would be a tremendous improvement.

Barta has been beating the wolves off at the front door for three years now, maybe he senses the hinges on the door are about to come undone.

Come with the territory. If you’re a snowflake it ain’t the job for you.
In a smaller venue, but with “the buck stops here” mentality, I have a level of understanding for GB’s pressures. When a tough decision had to be made , it would ultimately land on my desk. Or, someone else would make the call, and I would have to defend or question the result And take the heat. 15 years as a Superintendent of Schools. $22,000,000 annual budgets with 240 unionized employees and seven board members whose only membership requirements were age of 18 and some votes. That job was not for snowflakes. Yup. I trust your comment was not meant as a critique? I doubt that it was.
BTW, our annual budget for attorney fees was $80,000 and we typically over ran that item. And my doctorate was centered around school law and school finance.
Walk a mile my friend.

In a smaller venue, but with “the buck stops here” mentality, I have a level of understanding for GB’s pressures. When a tough decision had to be made , it would ultimately land on my desk. Or, someone else would make the call, and I would have to defend or question the result And take the heat. 15 years as a Superintendent of Schools. $22,000,000 annual budgets with 240 unionized employees and seven board members whose only membership requirements were age of 18 and some votes. That job was not for snowflakes. Yup. I trust your comment was not meant as a critique? I doubt that it was.
BTW, our annual budget for attorney fees was $80,000 and we typically over ran that item. And my doctorate was centered around school law and school finance.
Walk a mile my friend.
Of the many hard and embarrassing lessons I’ve learned in my life, one of the most important was to never assume you’ve walked a harder mile than anyone else.

Especially not based on one’s job or level of education.

Of the many hard and embarrassing lessons I’ve learned in my life, one of the most important was to never assume you’ve walked a harder mile than anyone else.

Especially not based on one’s job or level of education.
Me,too. Frankly, I spent almost no time worrying about my salary or the salaries of others. I have never been short of grocery $$, even when my salary as an English teacher in English Valleys, first year, was $6200. But I did not pay a thin dime for medical, dental, life, or state retirement benefits. The world has changed.

After having listened to some podcasts out there I kinda get the feeling Barta was nudged out. I bet those wheels started getting really greased up after his last lawsuit. When the state AG is calling for your job that kinda means something. They brought in Goetz last Sept how they did and it just feels like the select few at the top kinda half orchestrated all this. With all the coaches and others on the outside being surprised by it. Maybe some thought he'd stick it out another yr but again if folks at the top were unhappy (they shoulda been) then yeah this makes sense. He gets to go out looking like it's on 'his terms' it's as close to a win win PR wise as it gets for him and the school.

What'll be interesting is if Goetz gets handed the reigns after the search or not. I'll be surprised if she's not from the sounds of it. Hopefully she's the right one for the job. She needs to have Brad Heinrichs of the Swarm on speed dial. That'd be a great place to start.

Brian kelly
Kyle whittingham
Mike gundy
Chris kleiman

So, just make shit up?

Kelly's salary is over 8k, he left for bigger pay day, Kirk didn't.
Kyle Whittingham coaches at a much smaller school in an even weaker conference.
Mike Gundy makes 7.5+
Kris Klieman, the KST coach, is who I assume you mean, is on his first contract with the school and after the past few seasons, he's in line to make much more than Kirk Ferentz and I'll eat my shoe if his next contract isn't much higher than what Kirk has gotten.

Barta made an unpopular deal with the fans that has actually played out very well for Iowa in hindsight, if you don't see that, you're just biased.

at least do some research, it's all I ask