Barta & Mason

I've been saying this since Sept of 2010!!! Barta is a glad handing beggar. Not a competent AD. Iowa is dead last in BIG athletic standings for half a decade and Barta couldn't care less. Not as long as the checks keep coming in.

Say what you want about Bret Bielema, I would like to see him in Iowa City.

I would love to see BB as well. In my illogical thinking, I always thought BB to Arkansas was his best way to get to Iowa City. He had to put some distance between Iowa and Wisconsin. Or, I could be reaching big time....probably the latter.

I would love to see BB as well. In my illogical thinking, I always thought BB to Arkansas was his best way to get to Iowa City. He had to put some distance between Iowa and Wisconsin. Or, I could be reaching big time....probably the latter.

88, that is a plausible assumption of a thought process. I don't really want BB, but I thought the same thing. It really makes sense.

Barta has the worst overall athletic program in the B10. Worst. So, maybe, just maybe our fearless leader, Sally Mason, would say, hmmm, maybe we deserve better.

No, that whore is still trying to ensure responsible adults can't enjoy a beer around Kinnick. Way to go Sally, excellent prioritization. Mason is like Inspector Clouseau shaking down the organ grinder for having a monkey with no license while the bank behind her is being robbed.

HOLY, SCHMOLLY, W1TC ... I always took you to be on the "Polly" side of the fence. Fightin' words, there.

I'm diggin' ur revolution.

I think Sally Mason was at Kansas back in '99, but maybe she nixed it from there. Could be.

Dang. Im out of the loop. It was a female in '99 that was against the deal. A former female AD? or something along those lines?
Mason got a degree in Zoology? And she is running the U of Iowa. SCORE. :)

DDstretch - I beat you to the punch hours ago on another thread....Norvell is the man!

Great minds think alike. Norvell is the man. I want somebody like that who is young and energetic, and wants to make a name for himself by taking a program to an elite level. I'd also take a Hawkeye legacy who wants nothing more than to see this university be great, which is why I'd take Bret Bielema as well.

Maybe it's illogical, but that was my exact thought when Bielema left Wisconsin as well. It is also the thoughts of a good friend of mine, who is a former player and is friends with people who are very well connected to the program. If Bielema truly wants to be at Iowa, he had to leave Wisconsin. That's a pretty tough jump to move directly from one conference team to another.

However, the same friend also said that Bielema's wife, who is from the south, would prefer to live somewhere in that region.

Latest posts