Barta & Mason

MrTHawk

If Ferentz resigned or was fired, not that I am advocating for that, does anyone believe that Barta & Mason have the the ability to get the right new head coach?

I don't...

Well any AD or NFL GM/owner should always have a short list in the top drawer of their desk.

Bob Stoops is getting into that soured time of his tenure at OU. The fans loved stoops after beating Bama last year in the bowl but now he has 3 losses.

Sixteen years for KF and Bob Stoops is a long time to be at the same school.

But who would you get, Mark Stoops, we need a great recruiter that has exciting football teams and who plays to win by a big margin.

I would say the likelihood that Barta would hire an established coach who has proven that he can win at a Power 5 program are very slim. So then you're talking mid major guys who are looking to move up and hiring those guys is a big roll of the dice.

In short, no I don't think Barta would find the right HC for Iowa.

I would say the likelihood that Barta would hire an established coach who has proven that he can win at a Power 5 program are very slim. So then you're talking mid major guys who are looking to move up and hiring those guys is a big roll of the dice.

In short, no I don't think Barta would find the right HC for Iowa.

Don't worry about it if KF contract is ever bought it, Barta will be fired first so don't worry about him hiring the next coach. Firing Barta would be the first step and is what I think needs to be done this year. I think I saw a stat that Iowa is like dead last in championships in the last so many years and 2nd to last place has twice as many championships then we do. Wrestling has become 2nd fiddle to Penn state, he hired Licklighter, gave KF that contract, field hockey scandal, what more screw ups can he do before he actually loses his job at University of Iowa?

Don't worry about it if KF contract is ever bought it, Barta will be fired first so don't worry about him hiring the next coach. Firing Barta would be the first step and is what I think needs to be done this year. I think I saw a stat that Iowa is like dead last in championships in the last so many years and 2nd to last place has twice as many championships then we do. Wrestling has become 2nd fiddle to Penn state, he hired Licklighter, gave KF that contract, field hockey scandal, what more screw ups can he do before he actually loses his job at University of Iowa?

I have the distinction of giving you your first thumbs up. Yippee! Anyway, GB needs to be gone after this season and Mason better fork out a damn sh*tload of cash for a committee to find Iowa a credible and legit AD. Then that AD can fire kfootball.

I am pretty sure that the only thing Mason cares about is the revenue stream generated by top donors. Unless a significant number of 6-figure+ donors back away from table, there will be no AD or HC changes.

It's a good question... And I have doubt about Barta bringing in a top coach. I think one of the biggest factors is how much are we willing to pay for a new coach?

If Ferentz resigned or was fired, not that I am advocating for that, does anyone believe that Barta & Mason have the the ability to get the right new head coach?

I don't...

Say what you want about Bret Bielema, I would like to see him in Iowa City.

I am pretty sure that the only thing Mason cares about is the revenue stream generated by top donors. Unless a significant number of 6-figure+ donors back away from table, there will be no AD or HC changes.
You are correct, sir.

then Iowa's donors are nimrods if they feel this product is worthy of their donations.

Barta has the worst overall athletic program in the B10. Worst. So, maybe, just maybe our fearless leader, Sally Mason, would say, hmmm, maybe we deserve better.

No, that whore is still trying to ensure responsible adults can't enjoy a beer around Kinnick. Way to go Sally, excellent prioritization. Mason is like Inspector Clouseau shaking down the organ grinder for having a monkey with no license while the bank behind her is being robbed.

Barta has the worst overall athletic program in the B10. Worst. So, maybe, just maybe our fearless leader, Sally Mason, would say, hmmm, maybe we deserve better.

No, that whore is still trying to ensure responsible adults can't enjoy a beer around Kinnick. Way to go Sally, excellent prioritization. Mason is like Inspector Clouseau shaking down the organ grinder for having a monkey with no license while the bank behind her is being robbed.

LOL! Inspector Clouseau. Classic.

Iowa rarely fires MALE athletics coaches. And didnt Mason nix the Bob Stoops hire back in '99 because she thought he was a cheater? I thought that was the case, but I might be wrong.
Barta has to go. Worst athletics department, and the possibility of a womans program revolt is not a good combination. Esp. in liberal, feminist Iowa City.

Say what you want about Bret Bielema, I would like to see him in Iowa City.

I concur. My top two choices would be Bret Bielema or Mike Norvell, the offensive coordinator at Arizona State. Both are young and energetic and I wouldn't mind either offensive style that they would bring with them.

I see both of them as guys who could recruit more dynamic players to Iowa.

Latest posts