Barta: I have to believe this...

And my concern, Spanky, is that if you're right about the points listed above, most of them do not suggest just one more year--so I'm concerned that we could be stuck in this recurring nightmare for even longer.

The one thing that I fall back on is that I just don't believe Barta can be so insulated or detached from reality as to not recognize that the program is a disaster right now.

I hadn't thought of that. Barta has to know that if Iowa makes zero progress next year (by progress I mean .500 or above), he needs to make a move.

I fully believe that if we didn't have what many people view as a very solid recruiting class comming in this would be the last year. The blossoming of Burst and Marble have in all likelyhood helped Lick get one more year.

I hadn't thought of that. Barta has to know that if Iowa makes zero progress next year (by progress I mean .500 or above), he needs to make a move.

Just above .500 is my idea of adequate progress, because for a Big Ten team that might get us into one of the lesser postseason tournaments.

I fully believe that if we didn't have what many people view as a very solid recruiting class comming in this would be the last year. The blossoming of Burst and Marble have in all likelyhood helped Lick get one more year.

Agreed. Without the next class, I would see NO hope at all. It's a thin sliver of hope as it is.

With all of the talk about the next recruiting class, I think what's just as important is the offseason improvement of the current group. We need a lot of improvement from these guys from this year to next if we are going to be competetive recordwise next year. I have a hard time seeing these four freshmen coming in and having a big enough impact by themselves, at least that soon, to be able to carry the team to a winning record.

Fuller's emergence gives me a little hope too. Even at his height, he has found a way to be very effective down low. If he can continue to evolve, good things can happen.

Just above .500 is my idea of adequate progress, because for a Big Ten team that might get us into one of the lesser postseason tournaments.

To me next year we would need to be at or above .500 in conference for it to be progress. I'm sorry, but another season of wins against creampuff OOC opponents and bottom feeders in the Big Ten says to me we are still just a bottom feeder ourselves.

Realistically, we should have 10-12 wins OOC. I'm guessing that it will be softer next year since Lick cried about it. Even if we only had 10 wins that would mean only 6 Big Ten wins to be at .500.

I would like to see atleast 3 wins against upper RPI programs. Better flow on the offense. Way less stupid turnovers and possessions that result in a last second heave.

I could add more, but start with that...

Latest posts