Barta Flight-tracker sign-up schedule:

You tell me then- you question MY support for the Hawks when you are sitting here putting one of your own down. I'm sorry you got all pee pee hearted about me talking back to your buddy the Train guy. But I stick by my original thought that the plane people want to track is probably not the one the AD would take to go visit coaches. That in no way puts Hawkeye Fans down. So either come out of the cyclone closet or think about hawkeye etiquette before speaking, "guy"

You tell me then- you question MY support for the Hawks when you are sitting here putting one of your own down. I'm sorry you got all pee pee hearted about me talking back to your buddy the Train guy. But I stick by my original thought that the plane people want to track is probably not the one the AD would take to go visit coaches. That in no way puts Hawkeye Fans down. So either come out of the cyclone closet or think about hawkeye etiquette before speaking, "guy"

testy are we?

if it's so pointless than don't post about it. if it were that stupid, you wouldn't respond at all.

I'm all argued out....so feel free to continue.

This Cessna Skylane 4-seat aircraft was registered in Iowa City in December 2007, about 8 months after Lickliter was hired. I believe I read that the University became secretive about their rented or owned aircraft after all the publicity in April '07.

I can't confirm if this aircraft is rented or owned by the University of Iowa, but I have signed up for tracking it by tail number, which is shown in the picture. Its last flight was from Iowa City to Galesburg and return last Friday.

634f8ac8b1c785dac8fd72432142ed3a9c682c1b

I know this is a long shot, but it's fun...healthy fun, not creepy.

GlidingHawk

I was hoping we would have a nicer plane. Kinda hard to impress Pearl if we do not have a jet!!!! Anyway, I hope we are not trying to recruit a coach from Galesburg

testy are we?

if it's so pointless than don't post about it. if it were that stupid, you wouldn't respond at all.

I'm all argued out....so feel free to continue.

You are all argued out because you know there is nothing left for you to argue. You say I posted a couple of hours this week is "weak", yet I am participating to begin with and now you want to talk crap about my posts? You should have never opened your mouth to begin with. If anything, it was between Trainman and me. So now you have not only been outed as a hypocrite but also a jack@ss.
So that's all out of me unless you would like to continue this off the board, if not, I'll keep participating wherever about whatever I feel is necessary. The ball is in your court

Last edited:
I was hoping we would have a nicer plane. Kinda hard to impress Pearl if we do not have a jet!!!! Anyway, I hope we are not trying to recruit a coach from Galesburg
OK...here it is folks
The company that operates the FBO (Fixed Base Operation) at the Iowa City airport also has an office in Galesburg. The UofI doesnt own an airplane...Cessna, Lear or any other. If GB is going to fly to visit a coach it will be either on a chartered aircraft or the aircraft of a big donor...like maybe Bill Krause. He has a private/corporate Jet.

OK...here it is folks
The company that operates the FBO (Fixed Base Operation) at the Iowa City airport also has an office in Galesburg. The UofI doesnt own an airplane...Cessna, Lear or any other. If GB is going to fly to visit a coach it will be either on a chartered aircraft or the aircraft of a big donor...like maybe Bill Krause. He has a private/corporate Jet.

Thanks for the update AirHawk. It helps validate my opinion a little better too. But it's not even about that, it's about having the correct information for the people who care to look into it further. Thumbs up for the info!

If this plane is our "jet" then maybe Alford actually did have a point about our facilities.

I sincerely hope UI has something better than this paper airplane at its disposal.

If this plane is our "jet" then maybe Alford actually did have a point about our facilities.

I sincerely hope UI has something better than this paper airplane at its disposal.
FWIW...that "paper airplane" sells for approx $300,000

Latest posts