Barta Flight-tracker sign-up schedule:

who's in charge of this? the only person who guessed right that Iowa was hiring Lickliter was the flight-tracker dude....where is he??

For what its worth and for someone who has some time on their hands, FlightAware - Free Flight Tracker / IFR Flight Status / Flight Tracking / Flight Planning is a website that allows you to track most GA and commercial flights. The keys to tracking GA flights are 1. If at all possible know the tail number of the plane in question. 2. If you don't know that you can track flights originating from various airports, so long as you know the airport codes. (Iowa City's is IOW and Cedar Rapids is CID) and Waco is (ACT). Same website will show you arrivals to those airports. If a the owner(s) of a private aircraft have removed their plane's tail number from the tracking then you can only use the airport codes to track.

Just an FYI.

Last edited:
I would think that Thursday / Friday are going to be the days to start paying attention to the flights. Barta isn't going to fly to Knoxville and meet with a coach that is readying his team for NCAA tournament play.

Anyone else but me find this concept really, really creepy?

If someone wants to spend thier time doing this more power too them. On the creep factor scale I would put it somewhere between peaking at your girlfrieds email inbox for signs she is cheeting and going through your ex girlfriends garbage for similar reasons.

This Cessna Skylane 4-seat aircraft was registered in Iowa City in December 2007, about 8 months after Lickliter was hired. I believe I read that the University became secretive about their rented or owned aircraft after all the publicity in April '07.

I can't confirm if this aircraft is rented or owned by the University of Iowa, but I have signed up for tracking it by tail number, which is shown in the picture. Its last flight was from Iowa City to Galesburg and return last Friday.

634f8ac8b1c785dac8fd72432142ed3a9c682c1b

I know this is a long shot, but it's fun...healthy fun, not creepy.

GlidingHawk

I dont find it creepy but i find it pretty worthless. How many coaches have been fake hired by a fan base because of where a jet went? I would say its around a million

Actually, tracking flights has been a pretty reliable method for the media -- and increasingly, fan bases on message boards -- to get an early hint of a possible hire.

It's not creepy at all.

Actually, tracking flights has been a pretty reliable method for the media -- and increasingly, fan bases on message boards -- to get an early hint of a possible hire.

It's not creepy at all.

Its reliability in no way absolves it of creepiness.

This Cessna Skylane 4-seat aircraft was registered in Iowa City in December 2007, about 8 months after Lickliter was hired. I believe I read that the University became secretive about their rented or owned aircraft after all the publicity in April '07.

I can't confirm if this aircraft is rented or owned by the University of Iowa, but I have signed up for tracking it by tail number, which is shown in the picture. Its last flight was from Iowa City to Galesburg and return last Friday.

634f8ac8b1c785dac8fd72432142ed3a9c682c1b

I know this is a long shot, but it's fun...healthy fun, not creepy.

GlidingHawk

No wonder we settled for a mid-major coach...seriously, A CESSNA??? Where in the hell is the badass black Lear Jet with "The University of Iowa" in gold down the sides and the TigerHawk logo on the tail???

No wonder we settled for a mid-major coach...seriously, A CESSNA??? Where in the hell is the badass black Lear Jet with "The University of Iowa" in gold down the sides and the TigerHawk logo on the tail???

It was repainted in New Mexico's colors.

Latest posts