Barta either way...

1. He's a great fund raiser 2. He's a great fund raiser 3. He's a great fund raiser 4. Gives long term contracts for average work

Have to slightly agree to disagree. Ever sit in the non-VIP seats @ CHA? Talk about awful. Hard plastic, narrow, cheap, very uncomfortable, non-existent leg room.

I sat on benches in the old Fieldhouse and, yes, while crowded, it was more comfortable for sure.

*If* they put in seats in Kinnick, they need to look at the ones in CHA, then immediately look at the other end of the fan-experience spectrum. Plus you can always buy the temp seats @ Kinnick to avoid space encroachment.
If you think Kinnick is bad you need to visit Beaver Stadium sometime. Easily two inches less bench space from number to number. I've never been so cramped in my life at a football game. If you go there with a friend/spouse/etc. buy three tickets. Not joking.

If you think Kinnick is bad you need to visit Beaver Stadium sometime. Easily two inches less bench space from number to number. I've never been so cramped in my life at a football game. If you go there with a friend/spouse/etc. buy three tickets. Not joking.
So, Kinnick pre 2006?

Went there once, 2011, the game we lost 13-3. We sat way way way up in the bleeders. Weird stadium.

Went there once, 2011, the game we lost 13-3. We sat way way way up in the bleeders. Weird stadium.
Weird place period. Let's take the world's second largest stadium, drop it in a town that's 2 miles by 2 miles square, with direct interstate access only if you're coming from Pittsburgh or BFE to the north. It's like the size of Mount Vernon with 200,000 people on game day.

Hard to make accurate predictions if you don't look at the history. Dead last in conference titles won, in almost every year that Barta has been here, tells me what his expectations are.

I guess Barta should have suited up for that Mich State 20 play drive and helped those 4 Iowa players that whiffed on stopping that running back from scoring that TD at the end.

The PSU stadium, from the outside, looks like a big metal framework for a factory that was never completed. The inside was ok, but just ok. Don't get the hype. The crowd was good, knowledgeable, and I was impressed that they had a welcome tailgate area for away fans organized by a group of locals. As with most stadiums in the BT, I felt welcome.

I guess Barta should have suited up for that Mich State 20 play drive and helped those 4 Iowa players that whiffed on stopping that running back from scoring that TD at the end.
Your argument is 1 sequence in a football game vs 11 years worth of mediocre in all sports? ...OK.
You must be on the AD payroll because there really is no reasonable argument you can make to defend Barta on this. Barta is a fund raiser and not even a very good one in that he had to employ KF for a good length of time to do that job, which resulted in a 4-8 season. That's not my opinion. KF stated as much after that season ended. Then there are the 10 year contracts with guaranteed money and the milestone needed to hit those guarantees. 7 wins a season. When you consider the 3 cream puffs in the OOC and the weak nature of the BIG West division, that's piss poor low expectations.
And the jury is still out on Fran/basketball. I hate having to defend Alfraud but he took the 06' team to a 2nd place finish in the conference and then followed that with a 17-14 - 4th place finish in final season before he took his show to NM. Barta forced him out with those records and SA had some decent recruits in Dyrease Gary and others, on their way. Your argument that Basketball is on the rise with Fran coming off of a 3rd place finish in '15 and a 19-15 - 5th place finish last season......doesn't look better than what Barta forced out with Alfraud! Then you have to take into account the Lickliter debacle where Barta was completely clueless about until Matt Gatens and his dad walked into his office to wake him up. Who knows how long Lickliter would have been coaching if Gatens hadn't done what he did?

Doesnt Maryland have as many Championships won in their short stay as Iowa has under Barta?

Your argument is 1 sequence in a football game vs 11 years worth of mediocre in all sports? ...OK.
You must be on the AD payroll because there really is no reasonable argument you can make to defend Barta on this. Barta is a fund raiser and not even a very good one in that he had to employ KF for a good length of time to do that job, which resulted in a 4-8 season. That's not my opinion. KF stated as much after that season ended. Then there are the 10 year contracts with guaranteed money and the milestone needed to hit those guarantees. 7 wins a season. When you consider the 3 cream puffs in the OOC and the weak nature of the BIG West division, that's piss poor low expectations.
And the jury is still out on Fran/basketball. I hate having to defend Alfraud but he took the 06' team to a 2nd place finish in the conference and then followed that with a 17-14 - 4th place finish in final season before he took his show to NM. Barta forced him out with those records and SA had some decent recruits in Dyrease Gary and others, on their way. Your argument that Basketball is on the rise with Fran coming off of a 3rd place finish in '15 and a 19-15 - 5th place finish last season......doesn't look better than what Barta forced out with Alfraud! Then you have to take into account the Lickliter debacle where Barta was completely clueless about until Matt Gatens and his dad walked into his office to wake him up. Who knows how long Lickliter would have been coaching if Gatens hadn't done what he did?

Don't worry you can jump back on the bandwagon this year or next. Which of the current coaches should be fired? That is what it really gets down to. Barta is not managing these teams and making the play calls or who starts, so which of the current coaches would or should a new AD fire?

Don't worry you can jump back on the bandwagon this year or next. Which of the current coaches should be fired? That is what it really gets down to. Barta is not managing these teams and making the play calls or who starts, so which of the current coaches would or should a new AD fire?
I'd give every new coach 7 years to deliver a conference title. Every existing coach that has been here 3 years +, I'd give 4 years to deliver a conference title. A 2nd place finish would buy you 2 extra years. That sets the expectations that a conference title is expected 1 time every 7 years. Just apply that to every coach in the program and figure out who needs to go.
If you are going to continue to raise prices and ask for donations, you owe it to the fanbase to produce results. Otherwise you are running a racket to see how long you can fleece the fans.

I'd give every new coach 7 years to deliver a conference title. Every existing coach that has been here 3 years +, I'd give 4 years to deliver a conference title. A 2nd place finish would buy you 2 extra years. That sets the expectations that a conference title is expected 1 time every 7 years. Just apply that to every coach in the program and figure out who needs to go.
If you are going to continue to raise prices and ask for donations, you owe it to the fanbase to produce results. Otherwise you are running a racket to see how long you can fleece the fans.

What you are leaving out of the equation is that coaches make so much more than ADs. I'm not speaking about any particular university, but when you look at what goes on...PSU, Baylor, politics, corporations (also corporations and politicians) and so on, the system is set up for corruption. The bottom line is not about winning...it's about money and money flow. Some of that money flow is highly likely not in the open, you can count on that.

It's even in churches. A nationally renowned minister with satellite churches under him gave a junior pastor a $250,000 raise when the junior got caught with a male prostitute to get his salary to $800,000.

What you are leaving out of the equation is that coaches make so much more than ADs. I'm not speaking about any particular university, but when you look at what goes on...PSU, Baylor, politics, corporations (also corporations and politicians) and so on, the system is set up for corruption. The bottom line is not about winning...it's about money and money flow. Some of that money flow is highly likely not in the open, you can count on that.

It's even in churches. A nationally renowned minister with satellite churches under him gave a junior pastor a $250,000 raise when the junior got caught with a male prostitute to get his salary to $800,000.
What equation am I leaving stuff out of, exactly? My answer was a specific response to a specific question posed to me.

I look for you to put in your app when Barta moves on.

Latest posts