Barkley Hill Update

jameskalina

Yesterday I was told by two people here in Cedar Falls that Cedar Falls running back Barkley Hill just a few days ago backed out of his verbal committment with Iowa State.

I asked if they knew where Barkley might be heading and both people said they didn't know but Iowa is very much in the picture.

I was also told Barkley sustained a leg injury recently. I think it's a ligament tear in the knee.

Yesterday I was told by two people here in Cedar Falls that Cedar Falls running back Barkley Hill just a few days ago backed out of his verbal committment with Iowa State.

I asked if they knew where Barkley might be heading and both people said they didn't know but Iowa is very much in the picture.

I was also told Barkley sustained a leg injury recently. I think it's a ligament tear in the knee.

The injury occurred early in the 3rd quarter of their semi-final loss to Bettendorf. He had 68 yards in the first half but barely played in the 2nd as CF got smoked.

I wonder if Iowa would even be interested in another RB with torn-up knee. This would be our 3rd recruit in the class with a major knee injury.

i hope not, this is why we have so many injuries, they get hurt in HS and they never get fully healthy, i understand standing by a recruit that committed before the injury, but to try to take kid from another school that gets injured
nope i will pass

Hasn't there been this rumor flying around the past couple months? He keeps shooting it down. Who knows, it may be true. Wouldn't kill me if he backed out but it is always nice to get some solid Iowa players in a class

Hasn't there been this rumor flying around the past couple months? He keeps shooting it down. Who knows, it may be true. Wouldn't kill me if he backed out but it is always nice to get some solid Iowa players in a class

This is the first time I have heard anyone say that he backed out on the verbal. Heard several times that he could, but never that he did.

If this is true, que the clown fans not understanding why he would rather play at Iowa after they beat us this year....

Would love to see Hill at Iowa. Torn ACL is what I've heard. He is a very hard worker and I don't doubt he'll overcome the injury and succeed, hopefully at U of I.

So Iowa is going to take 2 RBs in this class with torn ACLs?

Does not seem smart, at all.

You're got a point. If true, it's a bit of a gamble and no matter how hard the kid works, they may never be the same. They can do great things these days medically with these injuries though, especially if the patient does what is required of them which is where the will to work hard comes in.

If the Hill rumors pan out, it will be interesting to hear the timeline of the decision, whether it was prior to the injury or not. I can't see that he would jeopardize his ISU offer after the fact, which I'm sure they would still honor.

I've seen this kid play even before the ACL injury, nothing spectacular but certainly a D1 player.

I'm not sure how I would feel about another ACL recruit...

We already have 2

Latest posts