Barbee to Auburn

Not a huge surprise. Barbee has made his name in coaching in the south. Also, the Big 10 has different basketball culture than many of southern schools. Big 10 prides itself on playing a disciplined game, recruiting fairly, and what not. I'm not sure Barbee, from his previous experiences, would have felt real comfortable in the Big 10.

So Auburn fires Lebo after Lick got fired and already has their replacement, could this mean Barta has no idea who he wants or the next Iowa coach is still playing in the NCAA or NIT or the CBI or whatever that 3rd tournament is?

So, Corbin??? With this development, are you still saying Forbes next week? I just have a hunch that you know what is going on...

WDM

I'll tell ya might gut is really telling me that Iowa's next coach is still coaching. Either in the NIT or NCAA.

The ESPN article mentions Tim Floyd as a possible replacement for the UTEP job. I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd coach the Hawkeyes. He did quite well in Ames, and should never have taken the Bulls job. After his first year at Ames, he lost Hoiberg, Meekalek, and Myer. The team was supposed to be terrible, and he brought in Dedrick Willoughby, Calvin Cato, and Kenny Pratt. They won a first round game in the NCAA Tournament that year, and won the Big 8 Tournament and went to the Sweet 16 a year later, losing a heartbreaker to UCLA.

Floyd could rebuild the Iowa program quickly, and, I think generate some excitement. He was done in at USC by out of control boosters, and was thrown under the bus to divert attention from the corrupt football program.

How about Tim Floyd as the next coach?

The ESPN article mentions Tim Floyd as a possible replacement for the UTEP job. I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd coach the Hawkeyes. He did quite well in Ames, and should never have taken the Bulls job. After his first year at Ames, he lost Hoiberg, Meekalek, and Myer. The team was supposed to be terrible, and he brought in Dedrick Willoughby, Calvin Cato, and Kenny Pratt. They won a first round game in the NCAA Tournament that year, and won the Big 8 Tournament and went to the Sweet 16 a year later, losing a heartbreaker to UCLA.

Floyd could rebuild the Iowa program quickly, and, I think generate some excitement. He was done in at USC by out of control boosters, and was thrown under the bus to divert attention from the corrupt football program.

How about Tim Floyd as the next coach?

Never happen.

Eustachy is really good when he has Jamal Tinsley. How did he do before and after that? Not so good.

Floyd would be great. He wouldn't keep getting good jobs if he wasn't a good coach.

So Auburn fires Lebo after Lick got fired and already has their replacement, could this mean Barta has no idea who he wants or the next Iowa coach is still playing in the NCAA or NIT or the CBI or whatever that 3rd tournament is?

Or does it simply mean that Iowa is saddled with a policy that requires the use of committee and Auburn is not?

Didn't Barbee play and coach under Calipari? And didn't the NCAA lay the smack down on the previous two schools Calipari coached at, including Memphis, where Barbee spent six years?

Maybe Barbee is clean, but with such a strong involvement and association with such a slimy cheater, I'm happy to pass on Barbee.

Latest posts