Barbee to Auburn

Not a huge surprise. Barbee has made his name in coaching in the south. Also, the Big 10 has different basketball culture than many of southern schools. Big 10 prides itself on playing a disciplined game, recruiting fairly, and what not. I'm not sure Barbee, from his previous experiences, would have felt real comfortable in the Big 10.

Well, we have not done all that well with the ''Indiana/Big Ten'' culture at the head coaching position,have we?
Barbee is black, and Tubby is the only black coach in the league,so I suppose that he might not feel comfortable.
It is a good ole boys club,and I suppose we have to fall in line and get another good ole boy so that we are sure not to shake it up at all and break out of our slot towards the bottom of the league.

All I know is if we stick with the same ole,same ole, we will probably get the same ole,same ole on the court.
Might as well kept lick..he fit the profile.

All I know is if we stick with the same ole,same ole, we will probably get the same ole,same ole on the court.
Might as well kept lick..he fit the profile.

I love this comment. I hate hearing the "he wont' fit with Iowa" agrument as well. Maybe if we go a different route we will have different results.

I'll tell ya might gut is really telling me that Iowa's next coach is still coaching. Either in the NIT or NCAA.

I really hope that is true. I guess with Barbee going to Auburn, apparently without him getting even so much as a sniff from Barta, tells me one of the following:

A) Barta has something bigger and better in the works
B) Barta has no clue of what he's doing
C) Barbee doesn't share Barta's "values", or however he phrased what he would be looking for in the next coach

I'm not sure which, but sure hope it's option A. Options B and C don't leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling..

Latest posts