Baer

hawkjunkie

If Baer keeps improving this could get interesting. By far the most pleasant surprise of the year. He is definitely a heads up player. Get this kid some minutes....and cheese burgers, along with some time with Doyle, and we will have a longterm starter.

He is only 6'7"?? He seems taller than that. He is certainly long. Hence all the blocked shots, I suppose.

Only a freshman. Glad he redshirted!

3-5 from 3pt land (46% for the season!), 7 boards, and SIX blocked shots. Along with good ball handling, 2 assists and a steal. We definitely have a player in the making.

If Baer keeps improving this could get interesting. By far the most pleasant surprise of the year. He is definitely a heads up player. Get this kid some minutes....and cheese burgers, along with some time with Doyle, and we will have a longterm starter.

He is only 6'7"?? He seems taller than that. He is certainly long. Hence all the blocked shots, I suppose.

Only a freshman. Glad he redshirted!

he needs to start. Iowa has been out rebounded too often this year. Jok can move back to shooting guard

Someone mentioned that last night. My guess is you are right. He deserves it over Uhl, who spaces off on defense and rebounding all too often. His overall game looks very good at this point. Sometime this week would be a good transition point, don't you think? Either now or wait until the rough start to the B1G has passed.

I like Clemmons coming off the bench. He plays well that way... Actually I would be indifferent on MG or AC coming off the bench, for that matter. Plus, like you mentioned, we need the rebounding!

Not sure if this is because Bear is awesome, or shows how bad Fran's recruiting has been.

Truth usually lies somewhere in the middle I guess.

Don't worry about him starting. He will get plenty of time, as will Uhl and Sap. Right now the trick Fran must perform is development of depth and proper rotations. We will get there, but it will take time.

Not sure if this is because Bear is awesome, or shows how bad Fran's recruiting has been.

How can a walkon turning out to be really good be an indication of poor recruiting? Lil Lick playing was an indication of poor recruiting.

Baer literally played center throughout HS and took a grand total of zero 3 point shots in HS, per game announcers. To say Fran missed on recruiting Baer is wholly inaccurate.

Baer literally played center throughout HS and took a grand total of zero 3 point shots in HS, per game announcers. To say Fran missed on recruiting Baer is wholly inaccurate.

Pretty sure he's saying that we should have better players on the roster, and those are the misses, not baer

Latest posts