Baer intentionally tipped / redirected the ball to the corner

In this game that wasn’t even a love tap.

Funny, in the picture it looked like the Rutgers player was over the back of Baer. Funny how people can see different things. At the end of the day the important thing was that the ball went through the hoop.

I’ve actually made that shot from the corner a time or two and had it go in. However, for the two times the shot bounced off the back board and went in, I had twenty that didn’t even come close. Amazing finish to a very rough and physical game.

It would be interesting to know just what the Rutgers players were shouting out at mid court right after they made their three point shot that gave them what they thought was the winning shot? I have a feeling it was not Hawkeye friendly. That event in and of itself made Iowa winning shot that much sweeter. It ruined that guys day and his dreams of boasting of making the winning shot. Nope, that honor goes to Weesee, weesee, weesee. :D

Hard to get a quality shit off with that little time left on the clock.

That is where the "clutch gene" really comes into play. Guys that have confidence can just let that sucker fly, and those that get anxious pucker up tighter anything. Good luck getting one out under those conditions.

I've seen all the replays and I am 100% sure of it. Maybe the most incredible "winning" play i have ever witnessed. He even looks to the corner as he is falling to the floor to see if he was successful.
You and Me both. TIP?? Just Read Harry Potter. Is he or his young Pals Hawks? One Wonders huh. Tonight a Battle of Bigs.. TC and Luka+ Ryan my pick. Go Tough Hawk Players.

Was thinking the same thing. Watched it many times and Baer for sure tipped to corner. I THINK he may have been tipping to Moss who had full head of steam to corner. Weiskamp was closer to basket and went back to grab ball. Moss had to put on quick breaks to keep from plowing into Weiskamp. Great job by Moss there

Moss went off in the first half then yet again sat most of the second I don’t think Fran would draw up a last second shot for a cold moss off the bench. I could be wrong tho

From Baer's own words...

"...I was just hoping I'd just tip it and then hope it falls to somebody....I was ideally trying to catch it and then make a play, but just did what I could and was able to get it to Joe."

Sounds like the play drawn up was "throw the ball down the court and hope for the best".

Latest posts