Baer intentionally tipped / redirected the ball to the corner

SayHawkKid

I've seen all the replays and I am 100% sure of it. Maybe the most incredible "winning" play i have ever witnessed. He even looks to the corner as he is falling to the floor to see if he was successful.

It looked like a designed play to me. Jordan and Moss kind of jab stepped toward Connor then broke to the other end. I think the plan was for Baer to have a little more control of the tip. And I think Joe was setting up to tip a possible miss or be a 3rd option and things didn’t go exactly as planned. But it worked.

It looked like a designed play to me. Jordan and Moss kind of jab stepped toward Connor then broke to the other end. I think the plan was for Baer to have a little more control of the tip. And I think Joe was setting up to tip a possible miss or be a 3rd option and things didn’t go exactly as planned. But it worked.

The way they defended it, we had to do the full court pass or hope for a half court shot. I've seen a lot of talk that it was a stupid play. Like there was a high percentage play Fran could have drawn up or something.

The way they defended it, we had to do the full court pass or hope for a half court shot. I've seen a lot of talk that it was a stupid play. Like there was a high percentage play Fran could have drawn up or something.
Smart play IMO. Everyone swarms to the ball thinking that’s the shooter. Only our guys know the ultimate goal. Fran runs really good out of bounds plays.

And it’s nice to have a top tier baseball player on the team. The Rutgers throw would have been behind the batter and cleared the benches.

Are ypu sure, I thought it was off of a Rutgers player.
uxZSA1K.png

I'd say you're wrong.

Was thinking the same thing. Watched it many times and Baer for sure tipped to corner. I THINK he may have been tipping to Moss who had full head of steam to corner. Weiskamp was closer to basket and went back to grab ball. Moss had to put on quick breaks to keep from plowing into Weiskamp. Great job by Moss there

Was thinking the same thing. Watched it many times and Baer for sure tipped to corner. I THINK he may have been tipping to Moss who had full head of steam to corner. Weiskamp was closer to basket and went back to grab ball. Moss had to put on quick breaks to keep from plowing into Weiskamp. Great job by Moss there

I wonder what would have happened if Wieskamp wasn't there. Would Moss have had the ability to grab the ball and get a shit off? I'm not sure he would have had the time or the arch on his shot to get it over the defender. Maybe he would have let the guy blow by and shot a quick 2 off one dribble. We will never know.

Its pretty cool that the hawks actually got lucky for once, but it would have been much sweeter if Joe would have pured the shot. I'm not complaining tho, that's for sure.

I wonder what would have happened if Wieskamp wasn't there. Would Moss have had the ability to grab the ball and get a shit off? I'm not sure he would have had the time or the arch on his shot to get it over the defender. Maybe he would have let the guy blow by and shot a quick 2 off one dribble. We will never know.
I’ve heard Moss is a very quick shitter. But those are just rumors...and kind of irrelevant. :)

Latest posts