Badges / Hawkeyes Game Thread

Part of it is playing good defenses.
True.
Illinois,OSU, ISU, Michigan all have statistically very good defenses. Minnesota is quite good statistically. I don't expect an Iowa win on the road against them.

But they just never get anything going. Even a good defense gives up the occasional drive or a 51 yard TD on 3-18...or whatever Wisconsin did earlier.

Only thing worse than watching our offense: Watching the Iowa State game being called by Beth Mowins. Why would they do that to people, even Iowa State fans?

Part of it is playing good defenses.
That is definitely part of it.

And I'm sort of inclined to just say there's a systematic mismatch between offense and defense, overall, in the conference in its current state, and it is what it is.

But I just don't understand how we so egregiously fail at blocking on such a high percentage of our plays. I mean almost every other run getting blown up in the backfield, and letting pass rushers in right away when they are rushing 3 or 4.

The offensive line, to me, is problem number one with the offense. If we had a good offensive line we'd be dominant. About just as good as OSU/Michigan, even with the other offensive problems that exist.

Latest posts