Badges / Hawkeyes Game Thread

Anytime the Hawks get away with any infraction from serious to mickey mouse

I consider it Payback for the game-changing calls against them forever and ever

Case in point:

The Big 12 zebras handing the game to the clowns on a silver platter

Monte broke the plane with the ball

The Illini were extremely fortunate to win on a game-deciding call that could have gone
either way

We certainly gave that one away: My man Spence with almost no pressure threw the ball
2/3 feet on the ground in front of a wide-open Hawk 5 yards away from a guaranteed
touchdown. He was just waiting for the ball to be tossed to him

Standing on the 5 Yard line looking at Spence with his arms extended, watching in disbelief
as the ball was fired into the dirt/mud in front of him

Alas and Alack

We deserve any assistance we get from the Zebras

We got away with a few there Hawk fans.

No targeting on Campbell

No running into the kicker

Linemen downfield on crucial pass to LaPorta.

I will take it. After Pottebaum "fumble" and Moss return overturned vs Illinois we had some karma coming.

Also, Braylon Allen looked dinged up. A healthy Allen beats Merriweather to the corner on that second and eight from the three yard kine and might still be running.

As they politely say

Karma is a MFer

I had a good laugh at posters saying in effect that the officials favored Iowa and that if this or that, would have, should have, been called, Iowa would likely lose. Even when we win, maybe or maybe not got some favors on some calls, the geniuses have to take away from a seriously big win. Good grief.

I had a good laugh at posters saying in effect that the officials favored Iowa and that if this or that, would have, should have, been called, Iowa would likely lose. Even when we win, maybe or maybe not got some favors on some calls, the geniuses have to take away from a seriously big win. Good grief.

I think this proves how even keeled we are when it comes to officiating. On a Clown board it's always how officials are always against them, no matter what. Iowa was the better team on Saturday but I think even the biggest Hawkeye homers would acknowledge we got some generous no calls in that game. That Campbell hit was the definition of targeting, I'm thankful it didn't get called or we would have been without him the rest of the game and the first half of Minnesota.

I think this proves how even keeled we are when it comes to officiating. On a Clown board it's always how officials are always against them, no matter what. Iowa was the better team on Saturday but I think even the biggest Hawkeye homers would acknowledge we got some generous no calls in that game. That Campbell hit was the definition of targeting, I'm thankful it didn't get called or we would have been without him the rest of the game and the first half of Minnesota.
Desmond King got away with targeting in 2015 in Madison before picking off two passes and my Badger friends have never let me forget it.

Maybe now they will.

I’ll be honest, I was shocked it wasn’t called. I was also surprised at the no running into the kicker call as well.
Campbell definitely did a helmet to helmet hit, I would have called it. There were a lot of calls both ways that are normally called. Campbell's really stood out.

I have watched, in great detail, about 500 targeting calls. I still can’t figure out why officials on the field or on replays, call targeting, or don’t. The lack of consistency amazes me. I saw the Campbell play. Looked like targeting to me, though not intentional. So, there is that. BTW, the decision to do a no call on running into the kicker was a good one. Flop. As Whitman wrote, “Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.” Or, “Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” Which one are you?

I have watched, in great detail, about 500 targeting calls. I still can’t figure out why officials on the field or on replays, call targeting, or don’t. The lack of consistency amazes me. I saw the Campbell play. Looked like targeting to me, though not intentional. So, there is that. BTW, the decision to do a no call on running into the kicker was a good one. Flop. As Whitman wrote, “Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.” Or, “Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” Which one are you?
And, just to be clear, I know what the rule book says.