Badgers to lose 5th football coach?

What have people heard about working for Bret? Is there anything to it?

I know he rubs other coaches and fans the wrong way, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is a bad boss. Just curious if anyone has information about how his staff perceives him...

Were we in on any of the Wisco recruits before they committed?

I remember Gordon last year (Good riddance!), but don't recall any from this year..

Why is Ball coming back? He's phenominal and if I was a Badg fan I would want him back, but team will load the box with a new QB, inexperienced line.

Wisconsin has a cakewalk through the Leaders division next year. Ohio St. isn't eligible to play int eh championship game, Penn State is a mess, Indiana sucks, Illinois sucks and Purdue is Purdue. The Big 10 Leaders division might rival the Big 12 North from a few years back.

How many of the Wisconsin coaches that are leaving are BB's hires? Were many of these coaches there when Alvarez was coach? Just wondering if several of them stayed on with BB to keep stability within the program? I understand that new coaches usually bring in their own staff but thought maybe in this case, BB would have kept many of the exiting coaches from Barry Alvarez's days.

I want to hear 12345's comments on this. He would kill to have this type of staff that other programs are after. Total coincidence that they all leave in the same off-season.

that is what happens when you hire superior assistants that have exceeding talent and aspirations, instead of also-rans who wouldn't be considered elsewhere......

;)

The Indiana job was O'Keefe's for the taking and I had heard he wanted to take Erb and Morgan with him, but thankfully O'Keefe has two things 98% of our fanbase lacks: class and loyalty.

Wisconsin has a cakewalk through the Leaders division next year. Ohio St. isn't eligible to play int eh championship game, Penn State is a mess, Indiana sucks, Illinois sucks and Purdue is Purdue. The Big 10 Leaders division might rival the Big 12 North from a few years back.

Illinois sans Zook might be decent. Purdue could also be set for a run. You don't know til the teams hit the field. There are plenty of years where the teams who everyone thinks are gonna be dominant end up being mediocre. No one thought OSU would be 6-7 this year or that Iowa was going to be 7-5 in the regular season in 2010. None of the experts picked Iowa to do squat in 2009.

Early look at the divisions:

Leaders:

Wis.: Have to still be the favorite to finish 2nd,which is like winning the division next year..,but only because of the flaws of others. Problem is that they have a tougher schedule this year,with games at Neb,and PSU. Still have to play Legends fav MSU and of course OSU. They could easily lose three of those.

PSU: Better schedule this year with OSU and PSU at home,but do have to go to Neb and Iowa. Not ready to write them off,as they do return quite a few starters.

OSU: Hard to even slot them,as they cannot advance to the title game. But, clearly, they are probably the favorites to have the best record in this division. Return most of their players,and Meyer will give new energy.

PU: Sleeper team. Return a lot of guys,and get Wisky and PSU at home. Do have to travel to OSU and Iowa,tho.

Ill: No.
IU: No.

Legends:

Michigan,Neb,and MSU will be co-favorites. Iowa close behind,with NW and Minny bringing up the rear. Lot like this year. Any of the top 4 could win this. Legends is yet again a deeper division. Thanks Delany.

PSU loses 6 and 6 plus new coaching staff

And is potentially losing more recruits. You have alumni pi.ssed off threatening to ask kids to decommit. I think those are more idle threats, but regardless of them actively working commits or not there is a detrimental effect.

With the first few assistants taking other jobs, it seemed like a good relfection on their coaching abilities and desire to move up the ladder. Five assistants? That's huge, and telling.

All this info about Wisconsin is making my eyes tear up abit... They just posted Bielema's response to all of his staff leaving.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXiXHmi-hVU]Mentally Retarded fat guy Crying like a baby for Milk - YouTube[/ame]

If 5 coaches left an SEC school, the speculation would be that the NCAA is about to come a callin'.

Why is Ball coming back? He's phenominal and if I was a Badg fan I would want him back, but team will load the box with a new QB, inexperienced line.
Very bad choice. Rb's don't last too long in the NFL, so if you have a chance to get paid, you'd better take it.

Latest posts