Badgers to lose 5th football coach?

HawkinGoferLand

The Badgers already have lost four assistants: Chryst, Bob Bostad, Dave Huxtable and DelVaughn Alexander. Now Joe Rudolph, OL coach interviewing at Pitt.

Plus Peter Konz AA center leaving early for draft. I think that makes 7 starters to replace on O and 5 on D plus both kickers, so 10 returning next year. Their back-ups were pretty much all underclassmen though with just 1 senior on Rose Bowl 2nd string.

Reports: UW losing Konz, maybe Rudolph - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

RB 2-deeps:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2011-12/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

The thing that should be concerning to Badger fans is not that 5 coaches are leaving, but that 4 seemingly are following Chyrst.

Speaks volumes.

Which is MORE troubling for them because it may indicate it's not just a desire to follow Chryst but a desire to move up/get away from Bret. Losing 5 coaches and that many players in one year will be a huge slug to the gut. Unfortunately they'll still win that mess of a division.

2 following Chryst, possibly 3 (A very big one at that).

1 to ASU.

Still.. that's huge. I'd be pretty upset if that ever happened to us.

looks like MSU loses 6-7 on O (5 of their top WRs and plus top 2 TEs). They only lose 2 on D-Robinson plus Worthy is leaving early.

Which is MORE troubling for them because it may indicate it's not just a desire to follow Chryst but a desire to move up/get away from Bret. Losing 5 coaches and that many players in one year will be a huge slug to the gut. Unfortunately they'll still win that mess of a division.

These divisions are gonna look all sorts of unbalanced next year.. :mad:

One would think Bob Bostad would have almost automatically got the OC job at Wisconsin after Chryst left. The fact that he left UW to take the job at Pitt seems telling. If Rudolph leaves, then he would just be taking another position coaching poisition (perhpas a "recruiting coordinator" title), which is a lateral move to a worse team. Alexander left to take the same WR job at ASU, which again looks like a step back, not a step up.

Starting to look like working for Bert isn't the most desirable job in the world.

that is what happens when you hire superior assistants that have exceeding talent and aspirations, instead of also-rans who wouldn't be considered elsewhere......

;)

Wow, that's amazing. That'll hurt in the morning.

If a head coach loses assistants because he is a DB, then why isn't Dantonio losing all of his coaches?

Maybe his assistants are co-conspirators and co-signers in his DBery.

At least they got their two Rose Bowl appearances and a bowl victory before they hit a year or two down cycle.

Do we have any shot at/desire for Norvell? A name I haven't seen attached to the Iowa vacancies. But I freely admit I haven't been able to read every one of the 10 trillion threads on the subject...

Latest posts