Badgers, Badgers, Mushroom, Snake and only the West Title is on the line official game thread

When you're all of:
Young
Undersized
Shallow
A complex blocking scheme
Holding onto an offensive scheme that everyone else has abandoned because it's too difficult to execute effectively with college players

You're gonna have a bad time.
Illinois destroyed Penn State on the ground. I don't know how well their OL ranks, but that was impressive. I would think we would have been just as capable against them, but maybe you are right.

BF will not be the next head coach. The question is how do they justify him keeping his job after this year and after the lawsuits. After today I’m not sure they can get this team back. Hope so but I don’t see it happening

Lol, we should punt on every offensive possession and hope the defense can score somehow.

Can you imagine when Kirk gets home tonight and his wife and he are sitting on the couch.

“Honey what are you going to do?” “I don’t know sweetheart.”

Could we finish 6-6?

It's like the offense is a complete afterthought.

Kirk's philosophy seems to be....play good D, get turnovers, win the field position game, and then offense should be able to do just enough to win.

Except when none of that works, you look like a lost, clueless team.

He's not bad. It's just a bad marriage between the line and the style of qb he is.

Put him at Mich and he'd be really good.
True. Give him time and he can throw the ball. Four seconds isn’t enough time. Thus my comment……..Get behind that big center, stand up and release the ball within three seconds. It’s all
thats going to work with this line.

Where are the Brian supporters that suggested he be the next coach. Mary you don’t count, even with you alias.

Could we finish 6-6?

It's like the offense is a complete afterthought.

Kirk's philosophy seems to be....play good D, get turnovers, win the field position game, and then offense should be able to do just enough to win.

Except when none of that works, you look like a lost, clueless team.
His philosophy on defense is:

Force the other team to make drives of 10+ plays to score because most college teams can't execute with that much consistency. They'll turn the ball over or get a penalty that will kill the drive. Phil has said this, pretty much verbatim.

His philosophy on offense is to methodically drive down the field using perfect execution and excellent line play to string together long drives and control the clock and score.

In other words, his defensive philosophy is predicated on his offensive philosophy not working most of the time.

People calling for Padilla and Hogan should call for the 2nd string OL first.

Dummies.
I agree, but I think Petras is proving to be God Awful. He only missed the guy wide open by a mile which would have given them great field position on that one drive.

Petras blows
O-Line blows
BF....outside of a GREAT Ohio St game plan....has blown.

We gave WI 13pts on turnovers - it could have been worse

YARN | In case you've been wondering, we have been kicking some serious ass  | Bio-Dome (1996) | Video gifs by quotes | e534b236 | 紗

Latest posts