bad feeling about indiana

inheaventhereisnobeer

norm

a-rob

tyler nielsen

crappy road atmosphere

let down game

look ahead to NW

I would bet a lot of money against the hawks against the point spread this week. I think we'll be lucky to win the game and I'm being serious.

norm

a-rob

tyler nielsen

crappy road atmosphere

let down game

look ahead to NW

I would bet a lot of money against the hawks against the point spread this week. I think we'll be lucky to win the game and I'm being serious.
The sad thing is besides 2008, the Hawks seem to always struggle in Bloomington. I think we are in for a real tight game.

norm

a-rob

tyler nielsen

crappy road atmosphere

let down game

look ahead to NW

Wow you're a real warrior. I would sure like you to have my back, right!

norm

a-rob

tyler nielsen

crappy road atmosphere

let down game

look ahead to NW

Yikes. First no beer and now we'll be lucky to beat Indiana?

Let me help you out here. I traveled from California to Arizona for that abomination of a game and to Kinnick for the Wisconsin game. We lost both, but only because I was there for both. I'm staying home this weekend so despite the fact that we are dinged up, we're going to win.

Besides, Indiana is just not that good. They couldn't execute last week against Northwestern, whose defense is not nearly as good as Iowa's with or without our best linebacking corps. They have no defense and will not be able to stop our ground control offense, regardless of whether Robinson plays significant minutes. The only way we lose this game is if Ricky melts down and Coker fumbles multiple times on our side of the 50. Let's give them both some credit. Coker is holding onto the ball and Ricky has not had a bad game this year. We'll be fine.

I'm hoping last weeks win was the turning point of the season. Every aspect of the team clicked and played well. This team doesn't have the attitude issues of the past teams that have lost there.

Will they be tough to stop? Yes, but so should have Michigan State. Good QB, decent WR, and some very good RBs......yet they did nothing.

Kirk will have them up for this game. I see us winning, though it may be a struggle for the first quarter.

Besides, Indiana is just not that good. They couldn't execute last week against Northwestern, whose defense is not nearly as good as Iowa's with or without our best linebacking corps. They have no defense and will not be able to stop our ground control offense, regardless of whether Robinson plays significant minutes. The only way we lose this game is if Ricky melts down and Coker fumbles multiple times on our side of the 50. Let's give them both some credit. Coker is holding onto the ball and Ricky has not had a bad game this year. We'll be fine.

THIS + 100!

Indiana is not that good, and they are banged up too--- i say keep A rob out of this game period, give the guy a week off and get fully ready to go for NW and OSU---- those are our 2 toughest and scariest games--- even if they put up some points on us, fine, we easily out score them and finish this--- i said this on monday (42-10) but with injury updates i say 42-20--- and we'll leave points on the field again and this could be a 49-20, we have a GREAT offense this year---- come post this bad feeling thread again about this time next week and pending where robinson is and our secondary is then i'll be joining your bandwagon!!

Whatever if you want to be a debby downer you could let every game scare you. We havent went into any games this year with everyone. Thatll happen at Iowa. We will be fine. Coker will hold onto the ball. Our passing game is what will put the points on the board. They probably will move slowly with short passes but I think the defense gets at least three take aways and at most they put up two tds(maybe a field goal or two).

James Hardy is gone. Since the we demolished them in 2008 and won by 17 despite 5 picks last year. Indiana is an improved team and are capeable of winning this game with help. I don't see them getting that necessary help in this one.

I'd be with you if Indiana had a balanced offense like they did when they beat us back in the 2007-2008 period.

Can we lose this game? Well, sure. But unless we have an epic collapse, I just don't see it happening.

norm

a-rob

tyler nielsen

crappy road atmosphere

let down game

look ahead to NW

---you left out "opposing QB who loves to throw the ball all over the place"

This.

The OP also left out on Indiana's side of things:

Starting QB in a walking boot
No running game
No defense

Nothing with Iowa football shocks me, but I would be some lesser form of shocked if they do not post a double digit victory over IU.

I honestly believe that the Hoosiers won't be a pushover.

In fact, I'll happily admit that I get worried about EVERY Big 10 game.

However, given that MSU had Dell, Cunningham, Gantt, Lithicum, Bell, Baker, and Cousins at the skill spots ... and given that Iowa did a pretty good job of containing those skill guys ... I'm hard pressed to believe that Iowa will have too many more difficulties against IU's group.

The bigger issue, as I see it, is how Iowa's O will fare if we don't have ARob. Of course, on the flip side, MSU has a much better run D than IU ... and when our O was executing, MSU's D absolutely had NO ANSWER. No offense to IU, but their D isn't that terribly impressive. Furthermore, from what I've heard, IU will be playing without their best player in the secondary (although the guy was likely a cancer to the team). I anticipate that the Hawks should be able to gash the Hoosiers pretty well through the air. Hopefully that will be able to open up running lanes for Coker ....

Wel, the good news about this type of thinking is that if we can conceivably lose to Indiana, then Wisky can lose to Purdue or Mich St. to Minn!

Wel, the good news about this type of thinking is that if we can conceivably lose to Indiana, then Wisky can lose to Purdue or Mich St. to Minn!

They already did. I think you meant Mich or PSU. Here's to hopin someone can beat them.

Latest posts