bad feeling about indiana

I had a bad feeling IN Indiana, but I think it was from that burrito I got at that gas station in Gary.

But seriously folks, this Indiana team is not as good as recent installments.

Indiana has lost 9 straight BIG 10 games

Iowa has already been stung twice this year. Won't happen again.

Norm has already been gone several games

Stanzi, DJK, Claybourn, McNutt, Sash, Greenwood, OL & DL are healthy

Indianas QB is hurt

NO PROBLEM you negative crying worried wimp!!

Sagarin favors Iowa by 23. Indiana is the 110th best team in the country according to their rating. 127th if you go by the version that the BCS uses. UNI is ranked just in front of them, at least a dozen FCS teams are in front of them.

Minnesota 134th. Yikes.

I'm 33 and have been watching hawkeye football since i was 5. So I've watched about 300 Iowa games. I've seen us lose games like this in that time that we were supposed to win. The odds are that our leadership will carry us. The thing I noticed more than anything else though was that we couldn't get off the field the week of Wisconsin and we had no Norm. We got off the field against MSU and we had him. This is the real crux of how we could be in trouble in this game. Norm knows which levels to turn up & when to turn them up. His interim D-Coord does not & stays in the Base D no matter how much our LBs are mismatched & being beat.

No Norm wasn't at Michigan and it wasn't a defensive performance to be proud of either. My premise is that the game will probably be close. If you have a different opinion that's good for you, and I hope you're right. I hope we blow their doors off. I look at the point spreads closely though and it's a game to stay away from. 17.5 points seems lofty in a let down spot.

Every week somebody different has a "bad feeling". Well, that is probably good. That means there are no cupcakes in this conference (except Minny). I think that this team is tired of under-performing. We saw evidence of that last Saturday. The only way this is a let down game is if the hawks don't respect their opponent. After two losses already and the practice of going week to week mentally, under Ferentz, they'll be ready.

Latest posts