Backups

I’m actually in favor of the starters playing the whole game. They’re the ones who had gotten Iowa to where it was in the season at that point, and I think it’s be a slap in the face of sorts to pull them out, especially the guys who are seniors or leaving early.

And just as big a reason (for me) is that with six or seven minutes left in the game it’s pretty easy for your 2nd and 3rd strings to give up a couple scores and now the game doesn’t look as dominant as it was.

I guess that’s just me, the guys who earned the spots and did all the work in games throughout the year should get the snaps.
Iowa backups get plenty of playing time at the end of regular season games. Do you watch Hawkeye football? Jesus.

We’re talking about a bowl game at the end of the year.

You watchin the same games I am?

You watchin the same games I am?
Are you saying that our OL, DL, running backs, WRs, and linebackers don’t rotate in?

13 different players had at least one rushing attempt.

14 different players had a reception.

41 different players had tackles on defense not including special teams (last I checked there were only 11 starters, but...)

Petras had 10 passing attempts.

But tell me that backups don’t get playing time during the year...

It depends on your definition of "back up". I saw quite a few 2nd team guys rotating in and out throughout the game.
Right on! DL, LBs, and DBs rotated players quite a bit. All the RBs saw action, with many different WR/TE combos. I'm not sure about the OL. OP must be pissed that Oliver is not playing? or wanted a different QB come in and take a knee?

Are you saying that our OL, DL, running backs, WRs, and linebackers don’t rotate in?

13 different players had at least one rushing attempt.

14 different players had a reception.

41 different players had tackles on defense not including special teams (last I checked there were only 11 starters, but...)

Petras had 10 passing attempts.

But tell me that backups don’t get playing time during the year...

Nice explanation. The biggest issue is QB and that is a problem, but it has been mostly KF's style. So, OK they do. More on D I think. Not QB though. You aren't old enough to remember Long getting snaps in the Rose is 1st Freshman year... I think his only action that year?

Cant
Nice explanation. The biggest issue is QB and that is a problem, but it has been mostly KF's style. So, OK they do. More on D I think. Not QB though. You aren't old enough to remember Long getting snaps in the Rose is 1st Freshman year... I think his only action that year?
Can’t believe I am old enough to remember that! Lol

Latest posts